GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Service book wanted

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
So I've just discovered that my service / schedule book in missing in my 6 month old car. The dealer thinks he gave it to me, but I would have it with the rest of the books if he did.

Does anyone have a clean service book that they want to sell?
I don't mind if it has the vehicle sticker in the front as I reckon I could remove this but would rather not have a date written in it unless its for May / June 2016.

I thinking of lease car drivers who will probably never need the book anyway!

All prices considered for the right book!

I've bought a replacement book form VW but it has replacement written on the front cover which I'm not entirely happy with

Hobby55

Ready to race!
That's hardly an issue for a 6 month old car I bet it's not even had a service yet! As long as you get them to stamp the replacement book when they service it then it will still have it's genuine service history. If you are so worried get them to write a note saying why and when it was replaced and keep it with the book.

A new book you buy from someone else will be a fake, whether you like it or not, at least that replacement you got from VW is genuine.

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
I know its not a major issues as you're right the car hasn't even had it"a 1st service yet. I'm just a bit fussy about these things that's all.
I know any brand new book will either be a duplicate / replacement book which is why I'm hoping to find a previously owned book that someone wants to sell either with or without the data sticker. As long as it hasn't got any service stamps I'll be happy.

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
But it'd be less genuine than the one you have! If you are really fussy about it then the last thing you'd accept would be one from another car!

Not when it has a new sticker that matches the car ... Then it would be a genuine VW book that doesn't say replacement

Hobby55

Ready to race!
How would it be genuine?!!! You (or VW!) have lost the genuine one!

Still think it's a waste of time, but it's your money you're wasting...

Good luck!! :)

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
Just when it needs a service tell the service department and they give u a new book with ur stamp on its first service. Job done. I have done this with a new Ford Focus I bought a couple of years ago.

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Sounds like a good idea but according to the VW website they will only issues a new book with either duplicate or replacement writtten on it and I was trying to avoid getting one like that. Thanks though.

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
Sounds like a good idea but according to the VW website they will only issues a new book with either duplicate or replacement writtten on it and I was trying to avoid getting one like that. Thanks though.

Hopefully you find ur own one but I wouldn't worry about it to much. Enjoy ur ?car

thosoneill

I have a replacement service manual on our golf match edition - it was supplied by the dealer as both the service manual and owners manual had not been handed in by the previous motability keeper - our car is not yet due its first service - I can understand why some owners maybe fussy over this however to be honest when you trade in a vehicle for a new one the majority of dealers offer a standard book price no matter how good your service history is - furthermore all services conducted by vw are stored on the company's database