GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Marketplace > Vendors Classifieds > General Sales/Announcements

Old 05-09-2017, 05:59 PM   #35
Excelerate Rep

Drives: Audi's and VW's
This car is lowered roughly 15mm from stock in front (will settle 10mm or so in front) and roughly 27mm in the rear. Nearly all the way down pre-settling. Ride quality difference with these kits is not going to be greatly noticeable from all the way up to all the way down. But I hope this helps complete the review.

Pictures. Front will settle roughly 10mm. Rear has some room to come down and come up, front has one turn left to go down. Should sit perfectly level after the 2,000 mile settling time.

Stock Height - DCC Equipped

MSS Track Pack

Also, for some further information, here is some info that was geared specifically to the GTI, so the numbers may not be identical to that of the A3/S3/RS3 kits, but the same theory applies to all kits.

Below is a response from William of MSS, a person who I speak to on a daily basis. There are more doubters in this world than believers and I will say this up front, I am not posting this information towards you, I simply want this information on the forums in general because a lot of people share the same concerns. I myself thought the DCC equipped Golf R rode very well stock, but I was able to nit pick many short comings myself, and I have ZERO track driving experience.

QUESTION:
William, how can you claim to offer softer ride comfort and firmer handling than stock in a single package when these two sit opposite the 'norm' in terms of suspension setup. Worst of all, you claim you can achieve these with a stock damper that has no rebound or compression controls (low speed / high speed). Really?, can you explain in simple terms as I find your claims to be a little farfetched!

RESPONSE:
Thanks for your question and we are not really re-defining suspension dynamics here - we are using a well understand principle that simply enables the effective management of load transfer. Doing so simply enables us to delay the onset of harshness hence the ride comfort in steady state.

A key point to note, we develop our solutions on vehicles that we have here on site and keep long term to be able to refine / troubleshoot issues. This is key for us to be able to deliver what we believe is a solution that is entirely different to what is available in the marketplace. One advantage by operating this way is that, we are able to react / act upon requests or mandated design changes through continual road testing - it is not uncommon to note that we are often later to market with a product...my View here is, I had rather spend another year or two testing than deliver to market an under developed solution.

FRONT AXLE MSS KITS SETUP:
Our solution relies on the front axle using linear springs (single rate thus not progressive) so do not let our springs form factor distort the fact - we use linear springs on the fronts. The reason we do this is to promote steering feel and tests proves that we are right thus far sticking to this baseline design.

REAR AXLE MSS KITS SETUP:
Our solution relies on the rear axle using stacked arrangement to gain the effective of a progressive spring (multiple rated in combination thus not linear) so do not let our springs form factor distort the fact - we use progressive springs on the rears. The reason we do this is to enable the shock absorbers to see less velocity in steady state...this Reduces their duty cycle and promotes ride comfort when the vehicle is not under load.

Some simple numbers...
- the number of various stock MK 7 R rear springs we have spring rate check are between 242Ibs to 250Ibs per square inch and that is what the rear OE shock absorbers have to manage 100% of the time...keep note of this info.

- Our rear Sports Kit starts off at 155Ibs and under load sees MAX 210Ibs in steady state up to a given damper travel, typically up to three thirds (3/4) throttle when accelerating. Full throttle or when cornering at high speed the damper can see up to 2500Ibs (not a typo).

So let us recount here...our Sports Rear Kit solution rides on spring rates that states at 36% softer progressively down to 15% softer in steady state compared to OE and that is majority of the time hence the softer ride comfort. However, when the vehicle is under load our stiffer spring rates (at up to 2500Ibs) ensures the vehicle firms up appropriately to keep the rear axle flat thus stable especially when cornering. It really is that simple.

The above should give an idea how we manage - through extensive and continued road testing working with our partners - to enable the OE dampers to work more effectively.

We have applied our knowledge to aftermarket dampers (with rebound and compression controls) and the results are the same however the main difference with aftermarket dampers are that we are able to use higher spring rates...they tend to have higher valve rate for this exact reason.

Our solution is developed to work with OE dampers that have a strict set of parameters applied which cannot be changed. When we apply our solution to aftermarket dampers (that have additional controls for compression or rebound), the effects are the same however and offcourse with greater higher speed control and that would be the only reason why we may suggest using an aftermarket damper - especially for track use. The majority of the time where the vehicle is not a dedicated track vehicle, OE dampers are more than adequate for us to apply our knowledge.

24/7 Online Store | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | You Tube | Flickr
Excelerate Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:19 PM   #36
Excelerate Rep

We have a MAJOR announcement to make.

"On behalf of MSS, I am extremely pleased to announce the signing of a 4-yr partnership with Excelerate Performance based in Connecticut, USA, worth $10 MILLION USD. The commitment to our brand, by Joshua Lockwood and his team, with unprecedented level of stockholding enables us to service customers based in North America."

We would like to thank William and his Team at MSS Spring Kits for the hospitality in being a great partner, designing, testing and working with Eibach UK to produce a product that has changed the way we look at suspension. We also thank our Team at Excelerate Performance and our slow but steady addition of new of resellers of the MSS line. Lastly, we thank our clients. Without them, we wouldn't have made it this far. Raise your glasses to the next 4 years as we look forward to growing this brand along side you.

Old 05-25-2017, 06:08 PM   #37
Excelerate Rep

MSS Fully Adjustable Sport Kit at about 15mm drop in front and 18mm in the rear. This is post fresh installation so the front will settle roughly 5-7mm to even it out front to back.

• All three levels of DCC now operate as they should - Check!
  • Ride Comfort levels increased - Check!
  • Superior performance in the twisties achieved - Check!

Before!

After!

Thanks

Greg

Old 06-22-2017, 09:47 PM   #38
Excelerate Rep

Not sure what kit you want? What spring rate you want? Unsure of what each kit does and/or how it will perform? The answers are here new landing page that explains anything and everything MSS. If we don't have the answers you're looking for on this page, let us know. We are constantly evolving and improving and your feedback is valuable.

Thanks,

Greg

Old 07-11-2017, 06:07 PM   #39
Excelerate Rep

This MK7 Golf R received a Fully Adjustable Street kit fairly recently.

All MK7 Fully Adjustable and Standard kits in stock ready to ship.

Purchase here.

Old 07-14-2017, 05:33 PM   #40
Excelerate Rep

This is some great feedback I wanted to share from our thread on another forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1krautburner View Post
I wanted send an update in regards to my original post regarding ride quality. The poor ride quality I was experiencing was entirely due to the (supposedly) upgraded upper strut mounts I had installed with the springs.
After swapping the OEM mounts back in, the ride is now super smooth and comfortable. I can't recommend the MSS kit highly enough. I have the adjustable street kit, and it is perfect for a daily driven car, with some fun weekend bombing thrown in. I'm thinking I will likely upgrade to the sport springs at some point before long. I'll decide after an upcoming track day.
Thanks to the guys at NGP Racing, William at MSS, and Greg from Excelerate for helping me get it all sorted out.

We just fit a MK7 GTI with a fully adjustable sport kit recently. Turned out great. This client was so impressed with how the car handles the NYC roads he travels every day.

Cheers!

Old 07-25-2017, 03:15 PM   #41
Excelerate Rep

Have you made your way over our landing page on our website?
We recently made some updates and beneficial changes to help lay out the MSS framework.
This page was built to help aid you in your decision making.

We are always available on the web chat during business hours too if you have any questions.

You can always reach us by e-mail too.

Old 08-04-2017, 07:20 PM   #42
Excelerate Rep

Be sure to check out our new Instagram Page too! Follow us @MSSKitsNA

Old 08-22-2017, 04:37 PM   #43
Excelerate Rep

Here is North America's first RS3 Fit with a Fully Adjustable Sport Kit... [drool] A reminder, The kits available FIT the RS3.

Just finished a street standard installation on a MK7 GTI. []

Old 09-21-2017, 07:51 PM   #44
Excelerate Rep

The RS3 crowd is showing interest in a group buy. As much as I didn't want to do one because of what happened last time.... I'm willing to give it a another shot. Any one up for it?

10 orders 5% off
25 orders 10% off
+
Free shipping to the cont 48 US

Thanks

Greg

Old 10-25-2017, 05:29 PM   #45
Excelerate Rep

Another set of H&R Springs bites the fist in favor of an MSS Kit. Fully Adjustable Track Pack

You can view this kit on our website here.

Old 11-16-2017, 10:48 PM   #46
Excelerate Rep

Looks like Black Friday is coming... We may or may not be offering these on sale.... e-mail me for early details or wait to find out.

Greg@excelerateperformance.com

Old 11-21-2017, 06:31 PM   #47
Excelerate Rep

We caved in!

LABOR INCENTIVE!

Check Us Out on Social Media!

Check MSS Kits NA Out on Social Media!

Old 11-30-2017, 09:42 PM   #48
Excelerate Rep

Thank you everyone for the overwhelming amount of orders that came through since last Wednesday for our Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale. We very much appreciate it!

Cheers,

Greg

Old 12-15-2017, 09:05 PM   #49
Excelerate Rep

Maybe not MK7 related, but I know you won't hate this.

Check out the latest MSS Install on a Nardo gray RS3!