GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First time to the drag strip with the R

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
I was hot lapping, made no difference. There were only 15 people at the track Sunday lol. I may keep it and run it in spring. Meanwhile, the search is on for it's replacement. RS3? M3?

You are expecting a lot from what you have in your Stage 2 with Summer tires at the current ambient air temps.

You are way too impatient!

Go ahead and buy and RS3 or M3. Your results and upset will be similar with summer tires in winter conditions!
Been there, done that!

Chicago to Union Grove... interesting.

RoyB2

Ready to race!
You are expecting a lot from what you have in your Stage 2 with Summer tires at the current ambient air temps.

You are way too impatient!

Go ahead and buy and RS3 or M3. Your results and upset will be similar with summer tires in winter conditions!
Been there, done that!

Chicago to Union Grove... interesting.

Expecting too much? Not really. Had the car for 3 years, time for something new. Ive race faster cars than the R and raced in same weather before. Looking for a faster baseline. Options are out now. Next step is BT and I don't think I want to go that route with this car.

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
Given the weather and tires it's hard to make much of the numbers. Conditions were far from ideal so there is a lot more in the car.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
So why didn't you heat up the tires for the second run? And many summer tires get hard at low temperatures and will never give you good times.

The RS3 is nice if you don't need to carry much and want to put up about $45K.

What's a negative 1200 DA?

DA is Negative Density Altitude.
Here is a link to how you figure it out: http://wahiduddin.net/calc/calc_da.htm
The lower the DA the quicker your car will run in the 1/4 mile because the air is cooler and thick with oxygen.

Chuck

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
RoyB;

Your car is definitely blowing the tires away.
I have been Drag Racing for 45 years and there is a formula that I use called the Hook Factor.
You take the vehicle's ET and divide it by the 60 foot time on that run.
For example on your 12.38 run divide by 2.011 = 6.156 hook factor
Your 12.42 run divide by 1.866 = 6.656 hook factor

Your goal is to get over a 7.000 hook factor.

Another formula you can use is take your vehicle's ET in the 1/8 mile and multuply it by 1.54 to get your 1/4 mile ET.

Chuck

RoyB2

Ready to race!
Well gents, I tried it again. Nothing changed since last time. Hell, I haven't even driven the car since the last time I went to the track! Put a couple gallons of fresh fuel in and met Mike at the track.

Weather was much better (warmer) when I left. Like 60degrees. It dropped fast though and we were racing @ 40 degrees.

DA was between +300 and -360 . It ended up raining so there was quite a bit of moisture in the air. I still had traction issues, but not nearly as bad as the last time. My best time of the night was me manually shifting and holding first gear which helped prevent an early 1-2 shift. I only got one run like this before we got rained out. All my other runs were consistent 12.3s and a 12.2 thrown in.

I feel a little better about the times now. Once I get the launch figured out- Either tune, or warmer weather/stickier tires, it should sit in the 11s all day.