GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Enable and Configure Advanced Bi-Xenon Lighting, MK7 Golf R

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I made the changes under the 55 - Headlight Regulation. I'll see if I can notice a difference.

Tweaker

Are the 2015s left out on this? Mine didn't have DA but does have PA. Also appeasers to be a camera in the Mirror. Mirror also has a power button.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

joesid

Go Kart Newbie
I performed this on my '16 GTI SE (no tech pack, etc), and can confirm that it works. The headlight beam pattern is much wider at slow speeds, and even wider when the fog lights are turned on. When you're on the highway at low speeds alongside a barrier, you can see the beam physically move when you turn the fog lights on and off. Also, when you come to a stop behind a vehicle/wall, you will notice the lights swivel back to the neutral position. I'm referring to the city light, highway light, and rain light modes, as opposed to anything related to high beams.

RogueMk7R

Anyone looked at the LED’s in the 2018’s? They are awesome as is. Wondering if there is even more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

copperbricks

Ready to race!
Hey guys I could use a little help. I just purchased a new to me Golf R from carmax and noticed the AFS wasn't doing anything. It seems like the previous owner disabled it. I'd like it turned on, along with the euro settings.

I have an OBD11, but I can't get it to accept any changes to the long coding, or any basic setting calibration-I just get an error that says minimum conditions not met.
Does anyone know what could be causing that error?

Also here's screenshots of my module 55 settings, if someone else with a 16' golf R or similar could if there's any settings beyond the ones listed in this thread that have been messed with, that'd be great.
https://imgur.com/a/QLsxR

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Hey guys I could use a little help. I just purchased a new to me Golf R from carmax and noticed the AFS wasn't doing anything. It seems like the previous owner disabled it. I'd like it turned on, along with the euro settings.

I have an OBD11, but I can't get it to accept any changes to the long coding, or any basic setting calibration-I just get an error that says minimum conditions not met.
Does anyone know what could be causing that error?

Also here's screenshots of my module 55 settings, if someone else with a 16' golf R or similar could if there's any settings beyond the ones listed in this thread that have been messed with, that'd be great.
https://imgur.com/a/QLsxR

I can't see why someone would disable it in OBD11 when you can just turn it off.. so maybe a silly question but is it enabled in the car menu and/or are you in race mode or custom mode with it turned on? Sometimes it's hard to notice if you're not looking for it and it's only above a certain speed (i think 20ish km/h?).

copperbricks

Ready to race!
I can't see why someone would disable it in OBD11 when you can just turn it off.. so maybe a silly question but is it enabled in the car menu and/or are you in race mode or custom mode with it turned on? Sometimes it's hard to notice if you're not looking for it and it's only above a certain speed (i think 20ish km/h?).
As far as I can tell he tried to turn on Europe settings, but didn't know to do the reset adaptation thing and to clear the warning light he turned off all adaptive lighting settings with vag com to get rid of it. It looks like even the non Euro settings are set to off in my car.

And I am in race mode with it turned on.
There are two different cornering effects right? The beams actually moving and a separate cornering light that comes on when you turn with high beams? I have neither so far as I can tell.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
As far as I can tell he tried to turn on Europe settings, but didn't know to do the reset adaptation thing and to clear the warning light he turned off all adaptive lighting settings with vag com to get rid of it. It looks like even the non Euro settings are set to off in my car.

And I am in race mode with it turned on.
There are two different cornering effects right? The beams actually moving and a separate cornering light that comes on when you turn with high beams? I have neither so far as I can tell.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

1. Cornering light: comes on at low speeds with your turn signal on. (it's the light that points out sideways https://youtu.be/um-7zazGRAQ?t=31s) i think it comes on with reverse as well but not 100% sure.
2. adaptive turning lights like this https://youtu.be/Cu_0G9QtAMo?t=1m41s

Might be best if someone with a 2016 could chime in with their default settings, that's annoying that the other person messed it up. Is your security code being accepted?

copperbricks

Ready to race!
Yeah those two are both definitely disabled. And yep, I entered in the 20103 code and it took it, still threw the error. After a little googling it seems like it could be an OBD11 issue, so I've ordered a VCDS cable. Hopefully that'll be what I need to fix it, otherwise I may have to take it to my mechanic.

But if anyone with a 2016 R could share screenshots of their module 55 settings I'd greatly appreciate it.

bebersol

Ready to race!
IC maker

I care.
Does the MK7 have a light sensors to auto adjust the bi-xenons?

Old Guy..
I think it's OK for IC to give context to his expertise.
After all there are a lot of wanna-be experts on the forum giving bad info, as well as a lot of quiet engineers here too.

G7Rules

Ready to race!
Yeah those two are both definitely disabled. And yep, I entered in the 20103 code and it took it, still threw the error. After a little googling it seems like it could be an OBD11 issue, so I've ordered a VCDS cable. Hopefully that'll be what I need to fix it, otherwise I may have to take it to my mechanic.

But if anyone with a 2016 R could share screenshots of their module 55 settings I'd greatly appreciate it.

2016 R here with DAP. The following pictures represent stock settings with the exception of the NAR box unchecked.

Last edited: