GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

From Audi S5 to GTI Noob - December Discounts?

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Is the current $3500 the lowest it's been during the year? I haven't paid to GTI pricing in a while, but just priced out a 2017 SE on USAA TrueCar and it was exact same price as 6 months ago give or take $100.

It was $2,500 last month, but there was another $1,000 bonus/selldown cash that was advertised, making it essentially the same. I can't recall what it was in months past, but generally speaking, cash incentives increase as the arrival of the next model year gets closer. While I can't predict what they'll offer for December, you can be certain that once the 2018s with their everlasting warranties start hitting the lot, dealers will start blowing the 2017s out at fire-sale prices. Just don't get your heart set on a particular color (or trim, even) if you plan to wait.

A word on TrueCar: because they serve 2 masters (hassle-free pricing for the buyer and quick/easy sales for the dealer), their price may not reflect the best possible price available in a given area. In my case, I was able to get a better deal than they could get me because I knew what I wanted, how much I was willing to spend, and didn't set foot in the showroom until it was time to pick up my car, so my salesperson didn't have to spend any unnecessary time on me. (Yes, I bought a car without test-driving it first, other than a quick joyride in my brother's 2015 S manual a couple of years ago.)

Ck256

Update, they found my color and are getting it Driven to the dealer so a few hundred miles on the clock. Price is 24 and Change, close to 6000 off sticker.

I'm getting what I Want out of my trade and am scheduled to pick the car up the 27th

Will miss the s5 convenience features, v8 rumble, and awesome looks but looking forward to the GTI and something brand new.

clhonu05

Update, they found my color and are getting it Driven to the dealer so a few hundred miles on the clock. Price is 24 and Change, close to 6000 off sticker.

I'm getting what I Want out of my trade and am scheduled to pick the car up the 27th

Will miss the s5 convenience features, v8 rumble, and awesome looks but looking forward to the GTI and something brand new.

Which dealer are you buying from? I went to Hatfield VW this weekend to check out the Sport model they had listed online but it ended up being a sold car they brought in for another customer. I am curious if it's the car you are buying.

Ck256

Which dealer are you buying from? I went to Hatfield VW this weekend to check out the Sport model they had listed online but it ended up being a sold car they brought in for another customer. I am curious if it's the car you are buying.

That's the car I'm buying (bought). Did I meet you today?

clhonu05

That's the car I'm buying (bought). Did I meet you today?

No you didn't meet me today, but I did get to see your car on Saturday. Congrats on the purchase! It sounds like I'm getting a similar offer for them to get a car from another dealer like you. Did they negotiate with you much from their initial offer?

Ck256

No you didn't meet me today, but I did get to see your car on Saturday. Congrats on the purchase! It sounds like I'm getting a similar offer for them to get a car from another dealer like you. Did they negotiate with you much from their initial offer?

Sort of .. They didn't budge much on price - it was about 5600/5800 off MSRP, or 24 and change for a DSG. I did get what I wanted on my trade, which took some negotiating there. All in all, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. No surprises in the finance room.

I ran into another customer who was looking at the car when I picked it up who said they saw it over the weekend; which is why I asked.

Good luck! Let us all know how it turns out.

Ck256

Here's the car! It's pretty awesome so far. Only gripe is the blind spots are gi-normous. Looking at after market solutions.

ProTip - On this sport model, I ordered VW Part for HomeLink/Compass/AutoDimming rear view mirror - had them put it in the deal and agree to install it. It will then have pretty much everything the Audi had in it, somethings are better in the GTI.

Getting the tint put on by my friends.

Here is what I traded in:

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Wondering if anyone has an update for dec incentives

VW is currently offering $1000 APR cash + $500 holiday bonus cash if you take the special APR financing.

If you forgo the low APR and finance at VCI Std or with a 3rd-party (credit unions are usually the best bet), there's $3,500 dealer cash, plus the $500 holiday bonus, until 1/2/18. There may be other regional cash offers out there, but I don't usually see them on GTI.

Also $500 college grad cash if you qualify.

All cash offers can be combined with supplier discount, which is $500 off of dealer invoice price.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
So theoretically....

Supplier Program or SCCA, which is easy to get, is invoice (~$1,500 or so under MSRP, depends on the MSRP) minus $500
Holiday $500
$3500 dealer cash

That said, you should EASILY be able to get at least $6,000 off MSRP....using the above scenario

Last edited:

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
So theoretically....

Supplier Program or SCCA, which is easy to get, is invoice (~$1000 or so under MSRP, depends on the MSRP) minus $500
Holiday $500
$3500 dealer cash

That said, you should EASILY be able to get at least $5,500 off MSRP....using the above scenario

Supplier discount took $1800 off MSRP on my 17 Sport DSG, but as you say, that will vary depend on the car, since each of them comes with a random assortment of accessories that you probably didn't want. (Seriously, have wheel locks ever prevented a single wheel theft? Has anyone parked their car in a bad neighborhood and returned to find 16 lug bolts on the ground, but all 4 wheels still secured by those impenetrable wheel locks? "Curses, foiled again!")