GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine stumble

FatOldandSlow

Passed Driver's Ed
It sounds like they have no idea what the is and they want to play pin the tail on the donkey with my car, and cover the cost by charging me for a new clutch.

KLEEMANN1

Passed Driver's Ed
I’d be looking for another dealer. The suggestions you are getting as pre diagnosis boggle the mind (well, mine in any case, Ive been a technician for nearly 25 years).

The coil pack suggestion completely fits, but for some reason I thought this EA888 engine did not suffer the previous generations ever present coil problems.

If it had anything to do with the clutch the rpms would rise under heavy load in high gears at low road speed. The throw out would make noise of some cyclical squealing type or growl. The transmission would have to have some major bearing/gear problem, and would likely present at a wider range of operation than gearshift.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
The throw out bearing doesn't do anything with the clutch out.

Sounds like a coil pack or plug. With a VCDS you can record misfires while driving. That could tell you where to look. I've had a plug fail. There was carbon tracking down the insulator.

lostru

Ready to race!
The throw out bearing doesn't do anything with the clutch out.

Sounds like a coil pack or plug. With a VCDS you can record misfires while driving. That could tell you where to look. I've had a plug fail. There was carbon tracking down the insulator.

How many miles did you have when this happened?

FatOldandSlow

Passed Driver's Ed
It started around 19K miles.

Fed - you'd think they would check something easy like the plugs and coils before deciding the transmission needs to come out for "inspection". Makes no sense.

This is Gunther in Plantation, BTW.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
It started around 19K miles.

Fed - you'd think they would check something easy like the plugs and coils before deciding the transmission needs to come out for "inspection". Makes no sense.

This is Gunther in Plantation, BTW.

I would but I don't trust dealers much.

FatOldandSlow

Passed Driver's Ed
Car has been at the dealer for a week now. No word from them yet.

I think I am getting worried.

Not a good sign if they know so little about the car that it takes a week to diagnose and fix a problem.

FactoryR

Ready to race!
Car has been at the dealer for a week now. No word from them yet.

I think I am getting worried.

Not a good sign if they know so little about the car that it takes a week to diagnose and fix a problem.

What was the verdict? I have a stock 2016 6MT and am running into the exact same issue.