GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

30k miles later and my first time to a dealership. Yikes!

NCM

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Glad I’m not the only one who avoids dealership work as much as possible haha

You're definitely not alone in that. In my case it's not so much a question of cost, but of convenience. While having specialized repairs done by a dealer makes sense, it's a logistical PITA to go to a dealer to change my oil or other vital fluids when I can easily do that at home.

I've just acquired a bottle the Haldex fluid and other miscellaneous stuff to do that fluid change.

Neil

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
I know this seems crazy, but I also count the service/maintenance of the car as part of the purchase. I look at the entire picture, not just my monthly note on the car. What the maintenance costs are and how often, etc, etc.

There should be no surprises because if you do your homework you should know what it costs and takes to maintain your new vehicle. There is no other way to look at it and make an informed decision. There should be no "YIKES" or surprises

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
In 32 months that I have owned my 2015 Golf R it has only been to the VW dealership once for an alignment. I want to know that it was done right the first time.

Chuck