GOLFMKV

Show us your MK7

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
[/url]p://[/IMG]

SharkB8

Back in VW world (this is my 4th) after a lotta years in Porsche land. Just got my wife this moving her up from a GS350 ;)
Glad to be back.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

One of the best looking cars on here.
Completely unbiased, but the base golf front end is the best looking one. (I know you've added a front lip, but still)

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion

Nice pics I remember seeing this one

19s look great in pics but in a world of potholes and shit roads idk how this is a reality for some of y’all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
Nice pics I remember seeing this one

19s look great in pics but in a world of potholes and shit roads idk how this is a reality for some of y’all

I'm sure the ride is a little harsher with 19s but is the tire sidewall that much smaller than say the stock GTI 18s? I'm sure you can survive even pothole ridden roads with a little caution just like most GTI guys survive on the oem wheels/tires.

If not, every performance car in the street with OEM wheels or escalade with stock 22s would be undriveable on anything but perfect roads. Even the R comes with 19s from the factory.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
I'm sure the ride is a little harsher with 19s but is the tire sidewall that much smaller than say the stock GTI 18s? I'm sure you can survive even pothole ridden roads with a little caution just like most GTI guys survive on the oem wheels/tires.

If not, every performance car in the street with OEM wheels or escalade with stock 22s would be undriveable on anything but perfect roads. Even the R comes with 19s from the factory.

I’m on 17s actually, bc it was too harsh w 18s. 19s would be my nightmare. But I’m a daily driver

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
I’m on 17s actually, bc it was too harsh w 18s. 19s would be my nightmare. But I’m a daily driver

Wow really? We have some of the worst pothole infested roads in the country and I found the stock 18s with that thin sidewall to be ok in terms of harshness.

I bet the 17s are way smoother but considering how small the sidewall is on the oem 18" tires, I wonder how much harsher it is going from 225/40/R18 to 235/35/R19...

njavier03

Ready to race!
Nice and congrats! I need to stop slacking and pick up some black mirror caps. They’re just expensive for what they are IMO.

Golf18

My 2018 R

Here is my magma orange Golf R

Attachments

• IMG_4932.jpg
    IMG_4932.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 2,039
  • IMG_4933.jpg
    IMG_4933.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 1,564
  • IMG_4934.jpg