GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Seat Bolster Leather Peeling

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
Has anyone has this happen to their leather seats before? I got the car used with 50k miles on it, and it already had a small nick in that area, which the dealer said they will fix before I pick it up.

When I picked it up it did indeed look fixed, however after 3-4 weeks now it's back with a vengeance and getting worse every time I get in and out of the car.

I've got a CPO warranty for another 20k miles so I'm going to be taking it back to the dealer to try to get them to fix it, since they "fixed" it the first time. We'll see how that goes...

Anyone else have this? Is there something that can be done as a more permanent solution without spending a few hundred bucks? I'd prefer to not have to get a seat cover of some sort, as they usually look cheap and out of place.

Attachments

• IMG_20170822_190035.jpg
    IMG_20170822_190035.jpg
    536.9 KB · Views: 772

tknj99

Ready to race!
That sucks.. must of been some fat guy rubbing the leather on their way out/in continuously. Best option would be to see if warranty covers that.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Katzkins makes some very good leather seats.
They can help you find vendor near you to install.
They are not seat covers but replacements.
They have sold Golf MK7 seats for a while but not sure on GTI.
They showed a GTI seat on web site at one time but not listed for sale.
I would ask them directly.
Changed my wife's Tucson to leather and they fit very well.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Has anyone has this happen to their leather seats before? I got the car used with 50k miles on it, and it already had a small nick in that area, which the dealer said they will fix before I pick it up.

When I picked it up it did indeed look fixed, however after 3-4 weeks now it's back with a vengeance and getting worse every time I get in and out of the car.

I've got a CPO warranty for another 20k miles so I'm going to be taking it back to the dealer to try to get them to fix it, since they "fixed" it the first time. We'll see how that goes...

Anyone else have this? Is there something that can be done as a more permanent solution without spending a few hundred bucks? I'd prefer to not have to get a seat cover of some sort, as they usually look cheap and out of place.

Best to carefully lower yourself into car and avoid rubbing getting out.
Not a car for big bodies, but they do fit.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I'm a pretty skinny guy, but I can't figure out how to get in or out without rubbing on that bolster some. Unless I launch myself out of the seat and door somehow lol

OP, it's only vinyl.

It's impossible not to rub the bolster. All my cars have rub marks. I think soft seat covers will help.

Last edited: