GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: Diesel Geek Sigma 6 Short Shifter $150 (Shipped)

Sub-to-Dub

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport 6MT
SOLD: Diesel Geek Sigma 6 Short Shifter $150 (Shipped)

Shifter has been sold

I have a (very lightly) used Diesel Geek Sigma 6 Six Speed Short Shift kit up for sale.

This was installed on my GTI, used during a 20 mile test drive, then uninstalled. Everything is in great shape but there are a few marks from installation and I’ve adjusted the price accordingly.

Shift are super tight, solid, and have a really mechanical feel as you slide into gear. However, I find it a little too notchy for my tastes and a bit too far in the “raw” direction for me. It's a beautiful product but the feel ultimately comes down to personal preference.

This should fit all 6-speed MK7 GTIs and Rs as well as several other VW models (see Diesel Geek site for full compatibility).

Shipping is included in the price to anywhere in the CONUS via USPS Priority mail. I accept PayPal only.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

After being uninstalled, all cleaned up:

Installed on the car:

Last edited:

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
so can you go into a lil bit of detail of what it was like? I had been contemplating this shift kit or doing some bushing work to dial things in a bit.

From the looks of things this is maybe 1 step removed from full on race car shifting. (aka
aggressive )

Sub-to-Dub

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport 6MT
so can you go into a lil bit of detail of what it was like? I had been contemplating this shift kit or doing some bushing work to dial things in a bit.

From the looks of things this is maybe 1 step removed from full on race car shifting. (aka
aggressive )

It's hard to articulate the feel but the throws are wonderfully short, much shorter than stock. The effort to get into each gear seems a little greater but more precise. There is a pretty solid mechanical sound/feel getting slotting each gear. The consensus seems to be that things "break in" after a few hundred miles of driving but I have no way of confirming that.

I equate this to the volume of an exhaust. What's loud to one person may be perfect for another. In this case, I prefer the more dampened feel of the stock shifter for daily driving. If I drove aggressively more of the time, I'd have stuck with the DG.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
I have the Diesel geek shifter so I thought I'd chime in. As said above, it has a mechanical feel and sound to it. Hard to describe...

It's short and 'notchy', in a good way, compared to stock. Feels great when paired with a heavier shift knob. I have a Raceseng on mine.

It does break in after a few hundred miles. It's still notchy, but not as notchy when I first had it. Like a smooth, notchy feel? Again, it's hard to describe lol. It takes some getting used to if you're used to the stock shifter.

Highly recommend it!

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
The first day with the Sigma 6 was very notchy, but after a few days it was very smooth. I would recommend giving it another chance.

Below is my current setup, I'm running out of parts to replace haha

DieselGeek sigma 6 shifter
MK4 metal cable bracket
034Motorsports metal shifter cable bracket bushings
DieselGeek solid shifter shaft bushings

euroadb

Go Kart Champion
I have the Diesel geek shifter so I thought I'd chime in. As said above, it has a mechanical feel and sound to it. Hard to describe...

It's short and 'notchy', in a good way, compared to stock. Feels great when paired with a heavier shift knob. I have a Raceseng on mine.

It does break in after a few hundred miles. It's still notchy, but not as notchy when I first had it. Like a smooth, notchy feel? Again, it's hard to describe lol. It takes some getting used to if you're used to the stock shifter.

Highly recommend it!

The first day with the Sigma 6 was very notchy, but after a few days it was very smooth. I would recommend giving it another chance.

Below is my current setup, I'm running out of parts to replace haha

DieselGeek sigma 6 shifter
MK4 metal cable bracket
034Motorsports metal shifter cable bracket bushings
DieselGeek solid shifter shaft bushings

So I kinda think that getting into 2nd gear feels notchy even when everything's stock (I'm guessing because of the big difference in ratio from 1st to 2nd). Will this exacerbate the problem and make it unbearably notchy getting into second? Or will it feel the same with I'm guessing increased effort?

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
So I kinda think that getting into 2nd gear feels notchy even when everything's stock (I'm guessing because of the big difference in ratio from 1st to 2nd). Will this exacerbate the problem and make it unbearably notchy getting into second? Or will it feel the same with I'm guessing increased effort?

Been a while since I've felt stock shifter...

It's kind of a mechanical, clicking into gear kind of feeling. There's not much effort involved with getting it into 2nd, you just kind of slide it the shifter and it clicks into place.

This is after it broke in though, few hundreds to a thousand mile. I had issues getting into 3rd when I had it installed but that was just the alignment of the shifter. Just took it back to the shop and they figured out the alignment with help from Dieselgeek.

I usually rev to 2500+ before shifting into 2nd. Shifter wise, not an issue. The rev hang / 1st to 2nd gear ratio is what annoys me haha. Really have to be gentle with the clutch release and wait out the revs to drop for a smooth 1st to 2nd.