GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

new Black GTD. How do I protect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sjmac23

Hi All. I'm new to the forum so be gentle. Got a new GTD in deep black arriving on Wednesday. What would you recommend I do to protect the paint work? Thanks in advance

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
DIY?
Wash then...
hand polish and seal Autoglym extra gloss protection
or Autoglym Ultra deep shine.

Bungleaio

Ready to race!
It depends on if you know how to look after it. You are potentially at the top of a very slippery slope www.detailingworld.com

Black looks incredible provided you don't mind putting some effort in. Good quality wash mits, 2 buckets with grit guards and proper drying towels will help prevent the swirls.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Cheers. Do you think it is worth getting a professional paint sealant job done?

As above, it depends on who the professional you are going to adopt, hence why I asked if DIY?
I used to look after black cars and they do look great when they have had the once over.

Sjmac23

It depends on if you know how to look after it. You are potentially at the top of a very slippery slope www.detailingworld.com

Black looks incredible provided you don't mind putting some effort in. Good quality wash mits, 2 buckets with grit guards and proper drying towels will help prevent the swirls.
Don't have a lot of time tbh. Would prefer something long lasting that can be reasonably easily maintained..

Sjmac23

As above, it depends on who the professional you are going to adopt, hence why I asked if DIY?
I used to look after black cars and they do look great when they have had the once over.

I would need to find someone reliable in Glasgow tbh. Don't have a lot of time to do diy as much as I would like to. The picture looks awesome BTW [emoji1]

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Pop onto detailingworld, there will be guys in Glasgow, pro and semi pro that will do a great job, just don't go taking it to those £3 wash outfits, your car will look old in months.

Status
Not open for further replies.