GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The bike thread - mountain, road, fat, TT, DJ, cross... what are you riding?

lucyfek

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI & GSW
Yeah I spent a long time looking a replacement for the GTI. I wanted an SUV, it had to be big enough that I could adjust the front seat to fit me (I'm 6'2") and I could jump in the back seat and fit behind me comfortably, it had to fit inside the garage, it had to have a 2" hitch to carry a 4 bike rack, it had to leather for easy clean up, it had to have a center differential instead of a transfer case (full time 4 wheel drive, not RWD until you lock it in 4WD), it had to be able to fit 4 people plus skis and gear INSIDE, it had to have an automatic trans, and I wanted long term reliability. I miss the GTI on the mountain roads in the summer and I always miss the acceleration (stage 2 with bolts on) but it was a good swap. It was a great car for when we lived in Chicago but it wasn't adequate for the mountains. We still have the 2012 Jetta.

ZDX... do you mean RDX?
Get the Sportwagen when it's out this spring. Tons of space and probably just as efficient as standard Golf.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Serotta Ottrott is my main road bike. This is one of ten of the USPS Masters Team that won the 2003 Masters Championship and prominently displayed in the 2004 Serotta cataglog. It was owned at that time by US Bicycle Hall of Famer and 13 time National Champion Wayne Stetina. Most are familiar with his nephew who was on last years BMC Tour de France team.

My Time NXR Instinct.

Bike Friday pocket rocket when I need a bike to fit in a suitcase.

Mountain bike is 2006 Santa Cruz Blur XC.

Attachments

• serotta.JPG
    serotta.JPG
    303.2 KB · Views: 1,314
  • wayne.JPG
    wayne.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 1,290
  • DSC_0505.JPG
    DSC_0505.JPG
    256.8 KB · Views: 1,329
  • bikefriday.JPG
    bikefriday.JPG
    256.9 KB · Views: 1,259
  • DSC_0515.JPG
    DSC_0515.JPG
    258.7 KB · Views: 1,249

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Bumping this after a year since one of my "resolutions" is to get out and ride more.
So I dusted it off, pumped up the tires, and went out for my first ride in months.
Luckily in Florida I can still get out in the "winter"

It's a Giant TCR Advanced SL with a mix of SRAM Red and Force.
3T cockpit and Fizik saddle.
Also rocking some 60mm Chinese carbin clinchers.

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
Epic Bump ^

I have two mountain bikes but never got into road biking

'15 Spec Camber

Comfortable, flies downhill, but harder to pedal

'13 Niner Air 9 RDO

Really light, easy climbing, really sensitive

kmarriner

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
I am a road rider mainly, in that I currently don't own a mountain or cross bike. I race crits/road/TT (and cross whenever I can borrow a bike), and I am also a bike mechanic by trade.

Right now, my main ride is a Transonic (team bike sort of). Here is what it looked like when I first built it with Chorus:

After a few weeks of riding it, I remembered that I much prefer Sram, so I rebuilt it. I also redid my fit to be much better at this point:

But of course, right now its mounted to the trainer for winter. I also have a Giant Defy that I rode across the country almost 5 years ago, that will be built into a single speed/beater when I get the motivation.

I am hoping to replace the transonic with something else soon.

KlipZ

Ready to race!

From when i was putting it together last March. Great bike. Next bike will probably be an Intense Tracer.. but we'll see whats out there when that time comes!

Norsk982

Ready to race!
Got myself a '16 Salsa Spearfish Carbon SLX, and went out riding at Rosaryville Park in Waldorf, MD. It was lot fun riding and lot work! Looking forward to continue riding more!

Bike Rack Talk - I have two VW Bike rack attachment, will it hold my bike and my friend's Santa Cruz 5010?

Thanks!

NH_MKVII

Passed Driver's Ed
My Trek Emonda SL 6 Pro. Hard to tell it's actually dark blue and orange. I'd be riding it right now if I hadn't torn my ACL skiing last month!

Attachments

• 20160821_144527 - Copy.jpg
    20160821_144527 - Copy.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 778

kmarriner

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
Had the first race of the season on Sunday (season openers were actually in March, but my team hosts those so I never have time to race them), just a 7.25 mile TT.. Not my best showing but the season is looking up after taking last year off mostly.

My goal races are all in Late May - Late June it looks like, but they haven't announced the state championship crit yet.

slipperywhenwet

Go Kart Newbie
2016 Norco Sight C7.2

I was looking at the 2017 units, but they sold out WAY too fast. I love the red of this thing though.

Attachments

• IMG_20170422_113123.jpg
    IMG_20170422_113123.jpg
    444.4 KB · Views: 828
  • IMAG7688.jpg
    IMAG7688.jpg
    387.5 KB · Views: 783

Banned
Right now I have...

GT Sanction 1.0 for enduro/shuttle/parks (it's for sale)

Staats MTX OX platinum (rare) for DS (frame is for sale)

Union street 24" FOR DS/DJ/Park/Street

S&M Hucker for DJ

mondo

Ready to race!
Me, I ride custom built single speeds.. because gears are for people with puny thigh muscles (Just kidding - I do have some other bikes too..

And

And for dirty weekends

And my "Unchained melody" as in work in progress, long travel hardtail

Lastly.. my geared road cruiser