GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Extended warranty

faisalbasha

Ready to race!
Can I refund my extended warranty on a 2016 golf? I took the 100000km or 7 years because I didn't think I would drive a lot. But it turns out I'm driving a lot more so I don't think it's worth it anymore considering it's 2600$$. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnmnmayo

Passed Driver's Ed
Can I refund my extended warranty on a 2016 golf? I took the 100000km or 7 years because I didn't think I would drive a lot. But it turns out I'm driving a lot more so I don't think it's worth it anymore considering it's 2600$$. Any ideas?

When did you sign the contract? It should be written there that you have X amount of days to cancel it without penalty.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
I bought the car Jan 2016

I believe you only have 30 days to cancel from time of purchase

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
I got the 6 yr 200000km. Maybe you can pay the difference to stretch the mileage?

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
You'll be fine till 30000km up to you if you want to do

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
Cash grab

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Glass half full: If you're keeping the car for 100K miles and not modding the powertrain, at least you are covered if something breaks. If not, lesson learned for future purchases.

I bought an extended warranty thinking, unlike every other performance car I've purchased, I wouldn't mod this one. I was wrong. I really need to get to know myself better. :p

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
If you do it your self you'll save half the money just keep recites and take pics make a folder to document everythin

RedHotVAG

Ready to race!
If you have a Volkswagen backed warranty they may actually let you extend the term or change the terms and pay the difference. Go to your dealer and ask them to do that for you. You should keep the warranty though.

Warranties, especially manufacturer warranties isn't any more of a cash grab than the car itself or any other product, the manufacturer or seller of a product always needs to make a profit, otherwise there'd be no point of doing it in the first place, and just because they make a profit doesn't make it a ripoff or a cash grab. There's always profit margin involved, but it's basically insurance, that means many people will benefit from it. You can roll the dice, but with the VW warranty giving you a choice of money or credit back if you don't use it, it makes a ton of sense. Disclosure, I work for a VW dealer, but I also bought the warranty for my car myself. But I think we all know that sometimes when you go to repair your car, your car might not actually get fixed the first time. If you choose to self insure you are also taking on that level of risk. When you run into a situation where you spent days in the shop and several attempts trying to find out what's wrong with your car, replacing parts that don't end up fixing your problem, you're going to wish you had a warranty. Don't let anyone who isn't going to pay for your repairs tell you what's good for you, make that judgement call for yourself. If you're not comfortable footing a 5000 or 10000 repair bill out of pocket with no guarantee that the problem will be fixed the first time, then maybe it's for you.

Last edited: