GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R Mileage Thread

ttsmith58

Passed Driver's Ed
Got my 2016 R in August 2016 with 100 miles on it, now has 4100 miles on it, will be growing faster with my 50 mile round trip commute to work.

kaferboy1

Got mine in Feb 2015. Originally intended to put less than 5000 miles per year, but the darn thing is so fun to drive we end up taking it everywhere we go. I've got 30,000 miles on it now and don't mind at all.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

rr1santos

Ready to race!
got mine july 2016 with 6700.. today its at 13300

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
June 2016 12500kms with no issues bought car with 15km on the odometer

Derassassin

Passed Driver's Ed
Glad to see some of you guys putting significant miles on it! I'll probably average 10-12k/year depending on road trips...

Any issues yet for those who are not using it on the weekends/summer only?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russooo

Ready to race!
Drove it home like January 20th 350 mi ride home from dealership & as of now have about 3,200 miles on it ! I said I was going to use my mk5 Jetta as my daily but just enjoying my R way to much right now !

MDLBC

Ready to race!
6 months, 11,000 miles and no issues to date (aside from the moody infotainment unit, but that is mileage independent [emoji16])

Rcode

Go Kart Champion
Picked mine up early October 2015. Just over 26k now. Only issue was clutch slip but that was expected with the power bump and has been remedied.

Last edited:

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
Will have owned it for a year on April 4th and I just ticked over 7,000. Still has that new car smell too. It's my first brand new car and I'm trying to keep it smelling clean...only on the inside though.