GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB II - Software Version and Update Thread

Lottk1

Sorry to hear you are having the same problems as I am. Unfortunately, I think we are at the mercy of VW through a dealership. It seems from reading many posts that some people have had updates installed at a dealership in the last few weeks. My dealership could not find any software updates available for 2017 Golf R's. I plan on having the dealer call VW techline when I service. Service manager said this is the process: bring car to dealer, dealer makes a diagnosis, dealer calls VW techline, techline will advise software update, dealer updates software and go from there.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Version 0613 here.
Jan 2016 build.
Part: 3Q0035844

Would the dealer update the radio at no cost if one were available? Sat in a 2017 Alltrack and the radio had blue colored menues and looks sharper than the orange/yellow ones I have.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
Every time I ask about a firmware update they always say there are none. I believe they fall into the "clueless" category mentioned above.

cbass99

Device Discover Pro 8" (Canada)
Device part number 3G0035047
Hardware H42
Software 0344
Purchase date Oct 2015

Android Auto won't connect to Galaxy S5 (sometimes) and BlackBerry Priv (always). One random shut down/reboot.

Same Here

my current version:
Device P/N 3G0 035 047A
Hardware H42
Firmware 0344

TheNoof

Device Part Number: 5C0035200B
Hardware: H31
Software Version: 0357
Purchase Date: April 2017
Comments: When using voice to reply in Hangouts, the four "rotating dots" will freeze. It's at that point I need to unplug the phone (Oneplus One with Resurrection Remix 7.1.1)
This is a 2017 Passat, bought in Ottawa, Ontario

rafikiraf

Ready to race!
Hey man. So the car software was already at that version when I picked it up. I did not have to do anything at all. I am under the impression that is pretty much the latest firmware as of right now.
I had earlier version of software when picked up the car. Went to dealership I bought the car and complained (just to make them feel bad) about radio freezing. They upgraded software with no issues. At the beginning they didn't really know what I want so I explained them I head about newer software avaliable and would want them to upgrade. They took car plugged in and confirmed there was newer software. So got update. It took them almost hour to push newer software.
Dealership was priority vw chesterfield VA.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

digitalrurouni

Passed Driver's Ed
I had earlier version of software when picked up the car. Went to dealership I bought the car and complained (just to make them feel bad) about radio freezing. They upgraded software with no issues. At the beginning they didn't really know what I want so I explained them I head about newer software avaliable and would want them to upgrade. They took car plugged in and confirmed there was newer software. So got update. It took them almost hour to push newer software.
Dealership was priority vw chesterfield VA.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Awesome. So you are running the same version of the software as me then?

warchieft2k

Ready to race!
is this still the latest???? my head unit reboots on its own randomly...

Device Part Number: 3Q0035876
Hardware: H25
Software Version: 0241
Purchase Date: Dec 2016
Comments:
  • When answering calls with Carplay, the other person hears an echo.
  • Subwoofer volume sometimes disappears.
  • Includes performance gauges.
  • Oil temp gauge does not update on it's own unless you leave the gauge screen and come back.