GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

deAutoKey Cornerning LEDs installation guide

Purcell

Passed Driver's Ed
Supplies needed:

• deAutoKey cornering lights
  • Sharp knife, screwdriver, or drill (to make hole in rubber headlight cap)
  • Electrical tape
  • Zip ties (4-8 will do)
Step 1 -

Pop open the hood, locate the rear headlight caps and remove them.

Step 2-

The cornering light bulb will be held in by two locking screws. To unlock and remove the bulb, forcefully twist the housing (it is ok to hold the black housing on the end). Use a knife or screwdriver to pry the bulb out of the housing. Pop the bulb adapter off by unlocking the two tabs on the sides.

Step 3-

Now that the bulb is out, push in the LED. It's time to make a dime sized hole in the rubber cap, so that the wires can pass through (you can keep the cap off, but you risk water/moisture damaging the entire headlight system.

Step 4 -

Pass the deAutoKey plug through the newly made hole and insert the plug the outlet where the bulb was plugged into (you can push the cap back into place and tape up the open space in the hole that you made).

Step 5 -

The gold heat sink gets very hot - zip tie it to somewhere that won't melt anything. Zip tie the black box well enough that it won't rattle. Repeat for the other side (the driver's side is very difficult to access due to the intake and windshield washer fluid - be patient!)

Let me know if there's a faster or better way to do this!

Attachments

• IMG_3619.JPG
    IMG_3619.JPG
    533.2 KB · Views: 4,466
  • IMG_3621.JPG
    IMG_3621.JPG
    495.7 KB · Views: 4,191
  • IMG_3620.JPG
    IMG_3620.JPG
    219.1 KB · Views: 4,162
  • IMG_3617.JPG
    IMG_3617.JPG
    423.7 KB · Views: 4,211
  • IMG_3618.JPG
    IMG_3618.JPG
    628.8 KB · Views: 4,139
Last edited:

Purcell

Passed Driver's Ed
Before & after pictures - as you can see, the deAutoLED cornering lights are MUCH whiter and brighter than the OEM bulbs!

Attachments

• IMG_3641.JPG
    IMG_3641.JPG
    296.5 KB · Views: 3,194
  • IMG_3642.JPG
    IMG_3642.JPG
    343.5 KB · Views: 3,282

Lvetterling

Ready to race!
How do i get the brackets to fit on the bulb. I have a 2017 sport and think the bracket iOS different. Also the bulbs only turn on once then never again until i turn the car off then on again. Then works only once again!!!

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
How do i get the brackets to fit on the bulb. I have a 2017 sport and think the bracket iOS different. Also the bulbs only turn on once then never again until i turn the car off then on again. Then works only once again!!!

Hi, are these are LEDs? Can you email us if you are having issues.

Thank you

Dave971

What holds the new bulb in? VW doesn't use a wire spring to hold the bulb in. It uses a metal tab. What am I missing?

Lvetterling

Ready to race!
I couldn't figure it out either. That's part of the reason I returned them. That and my car threw a code. I was told you have to modify to make them work. Not plug and play, which suck because I was so looking forward to these. As a side note I love deautokeys products, other than these. They also have amazing customer service. I ended up exchanging for the led tail light kit. Looks awesome. I ended up going with some cheap yellow h7 bulbs. Although not as bright as these leds, the yellow looks kinda cool and I can see better than the oem white bulbs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Hi, the H7 cause errors in some models but not all, we include gold resistors if your car throws an error, we also have NEW ADAPTERS now that makes this an easier install, if you are having issues please contact us for a set. It makes things much easier to install and it is worth it, they are BRIGHT!

Thank you

Lvetterling

Ready to race!
Hi, the H7 cause errors in some models but not all, we include gold resistors if your car throws an error, we also have NEW ADAPTERS now that makes this an easier install, if you are having issues please contact us for a set. It makes things much easier to install and it is worth it, they are BRIGHT!

Thank you

Had I known you were coming out with adaptors, I would've kept them! That was my biggest complaint. I still love my tail lights and reverse and license plate lights! Y'all have some great customer service. I appreciate all the help from you!

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Had I known you were coming out with adaptors, I would've kept them! That was my biggest complaint. I still love my tail lights and reverse and license plate lights! Y'all have some great customer service. I appreciate all the help from you!

If you'd like the cornering with the adapters contact Support@deAutoLED.com and they can get you setup.

Thank you