GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Squeaky Driver Seat

Yankgiantsfan

I had a '16 Golf R that felt solid inside as any car '17 have ever owned. After 1000 miles, some engine issues and a lot of complaining VW gave me a '17 R. I absolutely love the car but the damned driver seat squeaks like crazy. Anyone else having these issues.

PharmerChris

Yes, I'm having the same problem. I played around with the adjustments a little, but it still creaks when I move my body around. Very annoying, and I wish I could help.

Ferrari

Ready to race!
Yes, my 2016 Golf TSI has a very squeaky seat, coming from the left lower side, where the seat height adjustment lever is.

It's leased, and I'll return it in 2 years. If I owned it it would bother me, but since it's a lease, I can live with it.

Fetdipo3

Help

Same issue with squeaky driver seat. Non stop! Bringing it to dealer tomorrow. Have had the car a week and had to fix door rattle and now seat and center console noise. :(

mk4_337

Ready to race!
Same issue here on my '16 R, I was going to make a service appointment to see if they can do anything about the noise.
Its actually coming from the bottom base of the seat, the bolts on the rails are all tight but if you pull the seat from the top section front and back I can recreate the squeak

nate704

Go Kart Champion
I had a '16 Golf R that felt solid inside as any car '17 have ever owned. After 1000 miles, some engine issues and a lot of complaining VW gave me a '17 R. I absolutely love the car but the damned driver seat squeaks like crazy. Anyone else having these issues.

maybe it's time to loose some weight? :p

Yankgiantsfan

I cleaned and vacuumed the car the other day. To take the floor mats out i moved the seat all the way back. Never realized it until days afterwards that there was no more squeak. Not sure what happened but my squeak is gone.

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
I cleaned and vacuumed the car the other day. To take the floor mats out i moved the seat all the way back. Never realized it until days afterwards that there was no more squeak. Not sure what happened but my squeak is gone.
Fresh grease on the roller bearing?

mark729

Mine started make squicky noise recently and I found these under the seat....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk