GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BFI Stage 3 issues

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Hopefully everything is resolved!

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion

Haha what's funny is BFI got to reopen that thread and get the last word in (presumably because money?). In that instance they clearly dropped the ball in 1) not noticing the difference before shipping, so 2) not contacting customer about it, as they should have and 3) not owning mistakes 1 and 2 and just issuing full refund on costs. Not only that but there's obvious miscommunication (inside and outside) as one person is acting as another and also not in full understanding that information wasn't relayed, etc.

It's unfortunate to see them react in such a way, because it's made me resolved to not get that maxton lip from them (Wonder if it was worth it for them?) Rieger or Kerscher will do just fine :).

Love that forums can provide an instant feedback of karma for these type of situations.

Anyway, I'm done hijacking the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ripped

Go Kart Champion
waiting for update from bfi

i have to take some more pictures of the pressure plate and then send the entire thing back to them. I am hoping for a quick and painless refund.

The SRE is working as it is supposed to. Just finished the break in period on it, as soon as it stops raining I will be testing it out

nonegiven

Go Kart Newbie
Haha what's funny is BFI got to reopen that thread and get the last word in (presumably because money?). In that instance they clearly dropped the ball in 1) not noticing the difference before shipping, so 2) not contacting customer about it, as they should have and 3) not owning mistakes 1 and 2 and just issuing full refund on costs. Not only that but there's obvious miscommunication (inside and outside) as one person is acting as another and also not in full understanding that information wasn't relayed, etc.

It's unfortunate to see them react in such a way, because it's made me resolved to not get that maxton lip from them (Wonder if it was worth it for them?) Rieger or Kerscher will do just fine :).

Love that forums can provide an instant feedback of karma for these type of situations.

Anyway, I'm done hijacking the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup. Also showed how scummy the mods are at vwvortex to assist them in stealing customer money and then covering it up.

It's been two weeks since I sent off the clutch. There has been no response from BFI. The last email received was after I sent a picture of the shipping receipt in which Joe asked for my PayPal information so that I could be reimbursed for the shipping costs. There was no reimbursement, and no other emails from BFI since.

This fiasco has cost me a lot of money. Factor in the separate costs and I am well over 3k for a simple clutch project.

Cost of

BFI stage 3 clutch kit
Installation
ECS bleeder block (to fix issues)
Brake fluid flush
Motul brake fluid (and flush again)
Sachs race engineering clutch (to replace the defective BFI stage 3 clutch kit)
Installation of Sachs clutch kit
Shipping defective BFI clutch kit

Really not happy with this mess. Money is tight and to have spent this much really threw a grenade into my savings.

nonegiven

Go Kart Newbie
It's been two weeks since I sent off the clutch. There has been no response from BFI. The last email received was after I sent a picture of the shipping receipt in which Joe asked for my PayPal information so that I could be reimbursed for the shipping costs. There was no reimbursement, and no other emails from BFI since.

This fiasco has cost me a lot of money. Factor in the separate costs and I am well over 3k for a simple clutch project.

Cost of

BFI stage 3 clutch kit
Installation
ECS bleeder block (to fix issues)
Brake fluid flush
Motul brake fluid (and flush again)
Sachs race engineering clutch (to replace the defective BFI stage 3 clutch kit)
Installation of Sachs clutch kit
Shipping defective BFI clutch kit

Really not happy with this mess. Money is tight and to have spent this much really threw a grenade into my savings.
Tracking number showing it was delivered?

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Thanks for the heads up on BFI's lack of customer service :(

On another note, how's the Sachs race engineering clutch?