GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pro's and Con's on running meth

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Yep I'd add a Hobbs regardless as well. Since I have a boost tap, a $10-20 part is well worth it so it doesn't open early.

Mk72015

Ready to race!
Haven't ran into any issues? I believe it all comes to the install. If you do a good install, you should run into problems. Rigging shit is where issues come from what i seen

Yeah I spend a good total of 15 hours or so making sure everything is correct and no leaks and wires are all connected good and safely.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3

Ricked_Em

Go Kart Champion
I've been super happy with my snow kit. It's not night and day different power wise but I do notice that is doesnt dump boost when taking off at 3k rpms which I am assuming is from lack of fuel so it will take off a little quicker and pull just a touch more.

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
I've been super happy with my snow kit. It's not night and day different power wise but I do notice that is doesnt dump boost when taking off at 3k rpms which I am assuming is from lack of fuel so it will take off a little quicker and pull just a touch more.

Are you using the supplied boost/meth gauge to control the meth based on boost?

PS, Sorry if that question is a bit confusing

Mars1

Ready to race!
I had the JB already so I just added the w/m to it. It does work very well as a fail safe, and you can see if it's actually spraying correctly without removing the nozzle and testing to make sure. I added a Hobbs and a check valve in addition to the solenoid, just to be like triple safe lol. I love the setup man, especially being able to tweak the boost and log with the JB4.

Bigsnoop, I'm going to go over to STP motorsport to get dyno'd sometime. I'll ask if he will let me do like 6 pulls, 3 with meth and 3 without. I'll do the meth pulls last and log it too.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
I'm running the cooling mist stage 2 progressive with a cm5 nozzle. The controller is also a boost gauge so any time you get an error it will throw a fault on the gauge. I'm using the window washer reservoir so the low indicator light does come on. It lowers the intake temps to ambient and some times below depending on how cold it is outside, but the necessary octane boost I need isn't there which is why the direct port would help. Currently spraying starting at 7.5 and full at 15.5, but I do occasionally play around with it to see if any other starting and full spray works better.

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Ive been wondering about W/M injection for awhile as a means to reduce or eliminate carbon build up. Aside from stabilizing fuel and lowering temperatures, would a 50/50 mix make build up increase or decrease?

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk