GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IE Intercooler Going on Sale

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
LOL yup, all these aftermarket intercoolers dwarf the stock one badly.

The stock intercooler is so flimsy it's scary. Plastic end tanks FTL.

Luvs2speed

Ready to race!
Ok guys, how about some reviews or driving impressions after install. I am going to be starring at mine until the following weekend.

tylerf0606

Ready to race!
Ok guys, how about some reviews or driving impressions after install. I am going to be starring at mine until the following weekend.
It's tough to say I feel anything with the butt dyno since it has been cool out since I installed it.

When I was stock, IATs would increase during a pull. With the IE IC, they decrease during the pull.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
I am not in a position to really feel the benefit of the big IC yet. It is a ramp up mod to when I am able to finish up with the future mods in my signature.

I do think it held power a bit better toward the end of a 3rd to 4th pull I did from 40-120 last night on a Mexican back road. It's still cool here, so like the previous poster said, the benefit is not glaring yet. It will be when the heat and the mods increase. Can't wait.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
-Turbo can be heard better during boosting.
-Hasn't been warm enough to see if I have issues running heavy boost in high heat. I'm sure it will get hot soon enough.
-Car definitely loses traction at a higher mph than before when going WOT, which is either the crappy all-seasons are wearing down or it is actually making more power at high rpm. It appears I have more timing advance up near redline than before, but it's hard to get a like for like log of before/after.

Perry01

Ready to race!

I will be installing mine on Saturday along with DP and a Turbo Inlet Pipe so I won't be able to tell which mod gives me the most bang for my buck. It's already 90 degrees here so the IC will definitely help.

Perry01

Ready to race!
I'd be surprised if a shop didn't have some clamps lying around. You have 4 after the swap and only need 2 good ones anyways. Also, you want smaller ones that match the stock ones since the IE IC opening is larger than the stock IC opening. That's why they give you 2 bigger clamps for the IC side of the boost hoses.

I see the clamps in the bag included with the IC. What are the bolts and little plugs for?

Edit: Nevermind. Is also noticed that a USB flash drive was included and contains installation instructions.

Last edited:

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Bolts hold the crash beam in place and allow you to move the whole assembly back and forth as needed. You just thread a bit of it in.

The 4 screws hold the condensor to the intercooler. The condensor mounts to the 4 tabs on the front of the intercooler. You will have to tap it in place as it is a nice snug fit. Then the 4 screws keep it there (not that it's going to ever come apart anyways, but I guess better safe than sorry).

The last brass plug is for the meth bung. Go ahead and install it on the IC now while it's out. Not as much fun doing it after it's installed.

Perry01

Ready to race!
Bolts hold the crash beam in place and allow you to move the whole assembly back and forth as needed. You just thread a bit of it in.

The 4 screws hold the condensor to the intercooler. The condensor mounts to the 4 tabs on the front of the intercooler. You will have to tap it in place as it is a nice snug fit. Then the 4 screws keep it there (not that it's going to ever come apart anyways, but I guess better safe than sorry).

The last brass plug is for the meth bung. Go ahead and install it on the IC now while it's out. Not as much fun doing it after it's installed.

Thanks but I just noticed that a USB flash drive was included and contains installation instructions

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

I will be installing mine on Saturday along with DP and a Turbo Inlet Pipe so I won't be able to tell which mod gives me the most bang for my buck. It's already 90 degrees here so the IC will definitely help.

Will you be taking a before and after vid of the car for DP sounds? I think there is only one on the entire net and I think it is non-resonated.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Thanks but I just noticed that a USB flash drive was included and contains installation instructions

Yup, same ones they have on their website. TBH they aren't the best. I was scratching my head a few times but if you look at it logically it makes sense.

You don't have to do it their way (remove radiator). I couldn't get the hose off it. If not, don't be worried. Just fire up DAP's Revo IC install on youtube and follow it. It's probably actually harder due to the yellow clips, but if one way is impossible and one way is hard then you don't have much choice.

Perry01

Ready to race!
Yup, same ones they have on their website. TBH they aren't the best. I was scratching my head a few times but if you look at it logically it makes sense.

You don't have to do it their way (remove radiator). I couldn't get the hose off it. If not, don't be worried. Just fire up DAP's Revo IC install on youtube and follow it. It's probably actually harder due to the yellow clips, but if one way is impossible and one way is hard then you don't have much choice.

I installed a golf R IC six months ago on this car and I just swung the radiator and condenser out to replace the IC. I have an extra set of hands this time so it should be easier. I'll also make a sound clip of the UR catted and resonated DP but from what I've heard it sounds pretty close to stock. Just a deeper growl under heavy throttle.