GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY GTI (1.8t Tsi)

murtaza911

Ready to race!
I think it cost me around ~60 Canadian. Time wise not too long. Each piece took maybe 30 minutes or less. I probably should have spent more time though, there are a lot more imperfections I noticed after I got it installed in the car.

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Not an exciting change, but a much needed one.
My radio stickers from Badgeskins came. I can now use my volume knob with out going crazy because the power logo is not oriented correctly.

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Finally installed My golf R intercooler, and installed some Eds Golf R Replica headlights + hylux HID kit.

Currently having issues with the headlights. the Passenger side DRL LED flashes 3 times on start up, and the passenger high beam isn't working. Otherwise the lights look great. I'll have better pictures up once it gets warmer.

Also forgot, I dipped my wheels in a dark grey colour. We'll see how this looks when it gets warmer. I don't think it will last long since I did it in a cold garage and there was a lot of moisture.

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
Installed and coded. I also increased th3 brightness to 127 from 100(default)

Here's the coding in case anyone is ever looking for it:

For the License plate bulbs, you need to change the following adaptation in Central Electrics (security code 31347):

(1) Leuchte25KZL HA59-Lasttyp 25
- Default: 18 - 2x5W
- New: 41 LED Kleinleistung

For led brightness:

(6) Leuchte25KZL HA59-Dimmwert AB 25
- Default: 100
-New: As desired (127 max.)

looks good. Are they at 127 in this pic?

murtaza911

Ready to race!
So I found some R door modules on the facebook group, had to buy them and also ordered some folding mirrors from Ali Express.

Finally got around to installing them tonight. Coded them to auto/fold with lock and also enabled puddle lights. For the puddle lights I couldn't find how to get them to work. Finally after searching found USP had a set of instructions that included the long coding for them:
http://www.uspmotorsports.com/downloads/M001-Instructions.pdf

Here is a gif:

I also ordered a set of footlight LEDS + wire harness. Still trying to figure out how to retrofit them :).

murtaza911

Ready to race!
It was getting a little warmer, decided to put my summer wheels on.
I'm not sure if I'm liking the colour I chose for the wheels. May peel off the dip and go back to the silver. Thoughts?

murtaza911

Ready to race!
I dig your rims. How do they look in the daylight?
I don't have any pics in the day light. I'll try and get some pictures once it stops raining.

Today I finally got around to retrofitting the footwell lights I ordered from Ali Express. It was a major pain, and honestly I don't recommend it :p.

After tearing apart the lower dash, I was able to access the BCM, and remove the C connector (first one closest to you). It's a bit tricky, at the top of the connector this is a little tab to push in, then the white clip lift and disconnectors the connector. Once it was out I just added the wire to the connector, ran the ground to the other ground collection under the foot panel.

You can sort of see the connectors on the BCM here. In this pic I had to wiggle the BCM free and get it to slide down a bit making it easier to access the connectors.

Then I tried coding. I followed the steps I kept reading on various sites and got the menu to show up. But it didn't actually do any thing and the lights wouldn't come on.
After some searching I found this thread
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?p=353322
And followed o_a_ravi suggestions. I was finally able to get them to come on, but the car menu doesn't do any thing, and my lights flash when turning off the car. It'll do for now, but hoping I can fix it properly.

All done:

I also ordered a GTI PP rear sway bar. I'll be installing that next.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Dig it x2. Black mirror caps next. Then black roof. :D

murtaza911

Ready to race!
I want to do a black roof eventually. This years car spending has gotten a bit out of hand and already.

Mirror caps I was thinking of doing. But I feel like I'll break the glass trying to remove them.

Major plans for this season:
- GTI PP Sway Bar
- Side Splitters (a buddy of mine gave me his custom made ones)
- Front Splitter, or EZ Lip
- Rear spoiler (CF JC Sportline: http://www.jcsportline.net/en/product-detail-4819.html)
- JB4 Upgrade
- IS20

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
I was thinking about GTI PP rear sway bar for my Golf as well. Where did you order it from? Would one really feel any difference between that and the stock one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

murtaza911

Ready to race!
I was thinking about GTI PP rear sway bar for my Golf as well. Where did you order it from? Would one really feel any difference between that and the stock one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Ordered it right from VW. Part number is: 5Q0-511-305-BA

Stock is 19 mm PP is 21.7, so it is noticibly thicker. People have reported it being a noticeable change.
BFI just added it to their Project Schwarz car (http://blackforestindustries.com/blog/2017/03/21/project-schwarz-update-2/) they say it is a noticeable difference.