GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bäsemödel: 1.8 TSi Project

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Yes. You connect the pin for hot to the appropriate pin on harness. Then when you plug the harness back in the pin will mate up with the BCM and after coding, they should work.

As I stated, i'm not sure if this modification will work on every Lowline BCM. Based on my research, I got lucky that it worked on mine.

murtaza911

Ready to race!
How did you get at the bcm? I removed my lower dash, I can see the bcm and connectors. But I can't remove the connector for the wires. I tried removing the entire bcm as well, but I just can't figure it out. There are 2 clips at the bottom which I seperates from the bcm and it can now wiggle. But still being held in place some how.

Any ideas?

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Never mind got the connector off the bcm, and got the pin wired. But I can't get the coding to work.

I know pin 72 works since I set it to 100% active and it lit up. So just need to figure out the coding I guess.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Rear sway bar has arrived! Going in next week! I went with the clubsport/PP RSB which will provide a noticeable but modest upgrade. Not bad for under $100. I was going to have a friend powder coat it blue to match the springs if I can figure out how to get the bushings off and back on. Also added Audi lug caps and a charcoal activated cabin filter.

Many more updates to come in the next few months when the cash is flowing and the mods are... installing?

Last edited:

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Under a Hundo? You dog. Good deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
I think I need tint

Attachments

• IMG_0425.JPG
    IMG_0425.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 786

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
http://www.vwpartsvortex.com/oe-volkswagen/5q0511305ba

Hoping to put it in tomorrow afternoon if it's nice out. Considering doing it on jackstands even though I hear it's better on ramps since the suspension needs to be loaded to get bolts back in place. Also need to make sure I have the correct triple square.

Also, planning on doing the 60k service myself soon. Plugs, cabin filter, oil change are the major things. Everything else is visual inspection. Oh and I may need to do brake pads soon...

Tov Potap

Hey Basemodel,

I'm afraid that the S will not take the fog lights. I can confirm with my own car. I guess to get it working OEM style, a SEL (or SE) BCM will be required. It seems the 5** 937 084 * should be alright. Do you know the particular part numbers that should be good?

BCM part number

Overall View

B port pins

Thanks.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
If you wanted to, you could still have it work "OEM style" just not thru the BCM. Use the fog pull switch to activate a relay and then power the fogs off a spare fuse. That, for me, is worst case scenario. However, I think they will work thru the BCM. As I mentioned, the BCM in my car understands the concept of "front fog lights". I know this because I assigned my rear position lights (outside facing lamps on tail lights) as fog lights using OBD11. Using the pull switch, they worked as fogs. So the BCM knows what to do with a front fog light. I am 99% sure, based on other BCM units with the same p/n, the pins for power for left and right fogs do exist and will work without issue. I could connect a lead to that pin and then meter it and see if there is voltage. That's probably the best next step.

How did you determine it won't work if you don't mind my asking?

EDIT: looked at your pics. It certainly does appear that the 5/45 pins aren't there. That's a major letdown if that's the case on mine. Idk why mine would be different but who knows... I wonder if pins could be soldered to the BCM...

Last edited:

Tov Potap

I see what you are saying. The BCM can handle the fog light function. It just doesn't have pin 5 & 45 to do it the "usual" way. Perhaps, if you know the BCM pin out, the fog lights can be connected to unused pins and coded to work from those new pins. I have connected my rear fog light as well, it needed the repair wire from the euro light switch pin 5 to BCM A pin 29, so I can confirm that my car recognizes the fog light function on the light switch as well.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Good luck finding a tint shop that won't rip you off in the Lancaster area. I lived there for 10 years and never found one that had decent prices. I always got such outrageous quotes from places around there, York, Exton, KOP and even down towards Baltimore.

yeah man was quoted 300 last i think...

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
yeah man was quoted 300 last i think...

That's not too terrible. I still have a friend back there who has a 2017 R. I asked him for you because he got his done. He said:

"Lancaster auto graphics in Manheim....he can’t/won’t do the quarter windows, that kind of pissed me off, he put smoke vinyl on the outside. After 3 months it really doesn’t bother me anymore."

No idea what he paid though. He's definitely particular and is happy with the work. Thought I'd pass it on.