GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MATCH MS 62C-VW.1

erichtn

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with these speakers, available on clearance here: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_975MS62CVW/MATCH-MS-62C-VW-1.html

They appear to be drop-in replacements for the stock speakers.

The consensus on this forum seems to be that the stock tweeters are a weak point, so these would seem to be an upgrade. On the other hand, the woofers have paper cones, so I'm not sure how much they would improve on the stock speakers.

Thanks in advance for any input.

hal

Ready to race!
If you're buying those speakers mainly because they're drop-in replacements then let me tell you installing them won't be any different from any other aftermarket options available. Yes they supply a harness and a spacer but those can be purchased from anywhere. You're still going to have to find a place to mount the crossovers and run new wires for the tweeters.

copperbricks

Ready to race!
I bought them and will be returning them. They do come with VW connectors etc, but the way they wire them requires the two way crossover to be in the door, which is extremely difficult for the front doors, as you'd have to find some way to run wires from the door to inside the car.

There's a thread of someone who bought some alpine speakers with independent crossovers and installed them and that's the route I'll be going.