GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

cover to transport dogs

pooneej

They are spendy, but I can attest to the quality https://www.canvasback.com/

I actually reused a set I had from the cargo area in an Outback in both a Wrangler Unlimited and our Sportwagen. It's way too big for the GTI, but may try to use it anyway. Waterproof, washes off nicely with a hose or at the self-serve car wash.

wow - they are basically same as the UK ones. thanks! I may end up getting this from canvasback.

Traded in my Jeep and I just got my R this past Saturday. My TDI will be going back in another month so I need some kind of seat protector/hatch area cover for when I take my 2 boys (shetland sheepdogs) to the beach, etc. As the R will be my only vehicle now :) (who needs anything else right?)

In regards to seat covers: does anyone use front seat covers? My dogs like to do that fast, incessant scratch thing where they sit I guess to get comfortable.

pooneej

I ended up ordering from the UK - titan covers. I like them - the fit is pretty spot on, if I spent more than 2 minutes putting it in, I'd have gotten the back sides on as if they were factory installed.

I got the 'boot extender' so I could have the rear seats down and thought that would be high enough to prevent the dogs from jumping into front seats but my boys will jump right over that.

The outside cat got into the rear hatch to check it out (and give a quick test for me before the dogs go to the park on this chilly Sunday in NJ)

rr1santos

Ready to race!
Thats cool. what kind of dogs do you have? i like the seatbelt buckle leash attachments so i can have my little ones secured..otherwise they'll be jumping into the front seats.

pooneej

I have 2 shetland sheepdogs. They absolutely love the beach/outdoors so a good cargo cover was necessary for me now that my Golf R is my only car

Veedubgli

Ready to race!
I just posted about this very thing in the Interior forum....

I've been looking around. The VW one looks nice, but doesn't seem as functional as the others I'm looking at on Amazon. I will likely end up with this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FXG65ZO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1E0STZXBV35K1

As a follow up to my posts about these things, I did end up buying the one above. It works to keep hair (she didn't shed at all when we first rescued her, but now she is shedding like a little bitch) and dirt off the seats and floor. However, she is a very smart and determined dog. I was using the seat belt and clipping it to her harness. Well, she figured out how to unbuckle the seat belt by pressing the button. Then, she manages to climb over the thing and gets into the front passenger seat whenever I leave her in the car. Also, she figured out how to bypass the hammock thing and can now get to the floor of the rear seats.

That being said, I am now in search of a second car. A dog car, if you will. Then I will make her get her drivers license so she can cart her own ass around! :)

Seriously though....looking for a MK4 Jetta wagon. In the meantime, I ordered another cover, this one covers the entire back of the car (both with seats folded down and not folded down), as well as the cargo area (which I already have a Weathertech liner as well). It has side flaps, too. I'll just keep the rear seats folded down and will get another dog bed to keep in my car. This will hopefully be good enough to keep her out of the front passenger seat. But just in case, I also ordered a cover for the passenger seat that also has side flaps.

The things we do for our pets......

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
As a follow up to my posts about these things, I did end up buying the one above. It works to keep hair (she didn't shed at all when we first rescued her, but now she is shedding like a little bitch) and dirt off the seats and floor. However, she is a very smart and determined dog. I was using the seat belt and clipping it to her harness. Well, she figured out how to unbuckle the seat belt by pressing the button. Then, she manages to climb over the thing and gets into the front passenger seat whenever I leave her in the car. Also, she figured out how to bypass the hammock thing and can now get to the floor of the rear seats.

That being said, I am now in search of a second car. A dog car, if you will. Then I will make her get her drivers license so she can cart her own ass around! :)

Seriously though....looking for a MK4 Jetta wagon. In the meantime, I ordered another cover, this one covers the entire back of the car (both with seats folded down and not folded down), as well as the cargo area (which I already have a Weathertech liner as well). It has side flaps, too. I'll just keep the rear seats folded down and will get another dog bed to keep in my car. This will hopefully be good enough to keep her out of the front passenger seat. But just in case, I also ordered a cover for the passenger seat that also has side flaps.

The things we do for our pets......

Dog tube.

If they can unzip, tie the zippers together. Also keeps hair in until the jump out.

My two Ladies love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rr1santos

Ready to race!
where did you get that dog tube!! love to give that a try..my dogs are high shedders and feel that the tube may contain the fur a little better LOL.

Veedubgli

Ready to race!
Dog tube.

If they can unzip, tie the zippers together. Also keeps hair in until the jump out.

Forgot about that thing! Question....can it be downsized for times when you have a human in the backseat?

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Forgot about that thing! Question....can it be downsized for times when you have a human in the backseat?

Yes. The straps can be used to shorten. They also make a small tube for smaller dogs. I do not have name now but when I arrive somewhere will search. Look up dog tube carrier ebay.

Veedubgli

Ready to race!
Yes. The straps can be used to shorten. They also make a small tube for smaller dogs. I do not have name now but when I arrive somewhere will search. Look up dog tube carrier ebay.

I see it. Not sure how much you paid, but the same exact brand in size large sells for $94.99 on Chewy.com and on Amazon, compared to $199 on eBay. Yikes!