GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

muzdub's sleeper 2017 GTi Sport

Muzdub

Ready to race!
Damn nice battery, what's the stock battery weigh? Not cheap are they $500+

Muzdub

Ready to race!
The revised arm from HPA arrived (for gti's manufactured after 5/16), also included bigger thicker hardware.
New mount is on the left

Attachments

• IMG_20170220_155520-880x1173.jpg
    IMG_20170220_155520-880x1173.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 1,631
  • IMG_20170220_155713-1173x880.jpg
    IMG_20170220_155713-1173x880.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 1,551
  • IMG_20170220_160151-1173x880.jpg
    IMG_20170220_160151-1173x880.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 1,520
  • IMG_20170220_160144-880x1173.jpg
    IMG_20170220_160144-880x1173.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 1,561

Muzdub

Ready to race!
Huge thanks to Brendon @ achtuning.com in Redmond, he is the go to guy for dialing in motorsport suspension setups in WA! See the laser alignment report attached for perfect mk7 neg camber, toe and caster!

Camber changes aren't a quick job, as adjustment on the front requires the coilover to be dropped in order to get to the camber plates, then of course reinstalled, car has to move to settle the ride height, and then put it back on the alignment rack to see if the changes make it even.

-2.64 Front left and right
-2.00 Rear left and right

Attachments

• IMG_20170222_201235-880x1173.jpg
    IMG_20170222_201235-880x1173.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 6,540

Obakong

Ready to race!
Dude! That is a real shame you have to give up this work of art you've put together. Best of luck on the sale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muzdub

Ready to race!
Dude! That is a real shame you have to give up this work of art you've put together. Best of luck on the sale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the kind words buddy!

The circumstances have changed, again, meaning the car is no longer for sale*! :rolleyes:

I wanna say more generally, what a great forum! Thank you to everyone who has kept up with my build, and wished me luck, nice responses!

Back to the build, need to get those Revo engine and transmission mounts installed! And look at next steps.

*everything has a price.

Last edited:

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Nice build! I need to step up my picture-taking game :) I also like that you mounted the WMI pump next to the washer reservoir, I didn't even consider that. I mounted mine behind the passenger side fog light.

You think those 90 degree tube fittings you have going into your pump and connecting to the hoses would work on any meth pump? I have the Devil's Own and have had a problem with the tube getting jammed too far into the pump, causing a blockage in the line. Was wondering if those 90 degree connectors would fit...

Muzdub

Ready to race!
** Biggest Part Out Thread Ever? ** muzdub GTI - premium part less than 6 months old!

This 2017 GTI is extremely quick, its never missed a beat, and the premium suspension/chassis mods make the handling off the chart! rjracing has a similar engine setup and just posted an 11.6 1/4 mile!

I have an opportunity to buy my dream car, a 911 Turbo, which bizarrely isn't that much quicker than this GTI, and I'm going to take!

Every aftermarket part is for sale! The maximum age of any item is 6 months old, some parts for example the amazing KW Clubsports are a little over a month old, and some are brand new not even installed!

I haven't had chance to come up with pricing per part yet, ill do that over the weekend, but I will look at reasonable offers as they come in over PM.

Practically new, premium parts, at a discount, get it while its hot! :cool:

Check the build thread here or linked below in my signature for pictures of every part listed.

Engine
IS38 turbo
APR IS38 ECU software [93oct]
BMS JB4 Water/Methanol Injection Controller [+3psi][George@ BMS]
APR Downpipe
APR Carbon fiber intake
APR Carbonio secondary air breather
APR Intercooler
APR Intercooler hoses
APR Throttle body hose
APR Turbo outlet hose
Denso iridium power IKH24 spark plugs
VWR R600 High flow turbo inlet
Neuspeed Hi-Flo turbo discharge conversion w/muffler delete
CoolingMist Water Meth Pump
CoolingMist Water Meth failsafe
CoolingMist CM5 nozzle
Spulen Throttle pipe w/ Water Meth bung
Modified Washer + Water Meth reservoir [50:50 W:M]
AWE Touring 3" Exhaust w/diamond black tips
Modified grille intake vent
GFB DV+ [removed]
Revo engine mount [ready to install]

Transmission
APR DSG TCU software
HPA interlocking dog bone puck mount [Jay@ Fastuning]
034 dog bone [removed]
Revo transmission mount [ready to install]

Suspension
KW Clubsport Coilovers w/external reservoir
KW Clubsport Camber plates [-2.6 front, -2.0 rear] [Brendan@ Achtuning]
KW Clubsport Front sway bar end links
Superpro rear sway bar end links
Superpro lower front control arm bushings
Superpro lower rear control arm bushings
H&R Front sway bar 28mm adjustable [soft setting]
H&R Rear sway bar 26mm adjustable [stiff setting]
Vogtland coilover kit [For sale pm me]
White Line front sway bar end links [For sale on me]

Brakes
Stoptech ST-60 red 6 piston calipers
Stoptech Powerslot 355mm front slotted rotors
Stoptech Powerslot rear slotted rotors
Stoptech Stainless steel braided lines
Stoptech STR600 brake fluid

Wheels
Konig Rennform 18x8 5x112 Grey ET45mm (18.40lbs)
Aluminum 57.10x66.56 hub centric rings
3mm H&R front spacers
5mm H&R rear spacers
Michelin Pilot Super Sport 235/40ZR18 (95Y)

Non-Performance
BMS JB4 Bluetooth dongle
OBDeleven Pro
ESC Off mode
20% Tint all round
OEM Mud/Splash guards
Front Black and Red VW badges
Rear Black and Red VW badges
Maxton front lip
Obdlink2 LX
Harry's laptimer
Ram mount

Muzdub

Ready to race!
The 997 dream died today when I ordered a 2018 Nardo Grey Audi RS3, fully optioned out including carbon ceramics 8 piston brakes, and the upgraded RS fixed suspension (coilovers just not sure who by yet), oh and staggered wheels, just like i was running on my GTI!

The MQB journey continues! Not sure whether the brakes, the new haldex setup that has the ability to send 100% of the power to the rear wheels, or the interior with virtual cockpit, alcantra and carbon fiber everything + red seat belts, sealed the deal!

oh and sorry to those that I haven't responded to on the last 3-4 big ticket items. I'll get back to you, I just needed a break from shipping an endless number of aftermarket parts to folks all over the US... I felt like a mini branch of ECS tuning!

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
The 997 dream died today when I ordered a 2018 Nardo Grey Audi RS3, fully optioned out including carbon ceramics 8 piston brakes, and the upgraded RS fixed suspension (coilovers just not sure who by yet), oh and staggered wheels, just like i was running on my GTI!

The MQB journey continues! Not sure whether the brakes, the new haldex setup that has the ability to send 100% of the power to the rear wheels, or the interior with virtual cockpit, alcantra and carbon fiber everything + red seat belts, sealed the deal!

oh and sorry to those that I haven't responded to on the last 3-4 big ticket items. I'll get back to you, I just needed a break from shipping an endless number of aftermarket parts to folks all over the US... I felt like a mini branch of ECS tuning!
From death, comes one hell of a life. I'm trying not to be jealous, but huge congratulations!

That is such a exciting car for the US market, outside of some scattered RS4s/5s/6s, we've needed a small functional RS!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Muzdub

Ready to race!
From death, comes one hell of a life. I'm trying not to be jealous, but huge congratulations!

That is such a exciting car for the US market, outside of some scattered RS4s/5s/6s, we've needed a small functional RS!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks man! I totally agree, the US market has missed some of what I would consider the most exciting regular guy sports cars... dating back to the e36 M3, US=240hp, EU=300+hp.

Seems like those wrongs are being put right now, Civic Type-R, rumors of an RS4!

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Glad to see you went with the RS3, it's going to be an awesome car and who knows what you will be able to do with it. Sad to see your car parted out so quickly though, I thought it was one of the best, if not the best done GTIs on here. I wish I had the budget you did to build one. Did you by chance do a final photoshoot of your car before it was parted?