GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question: Helix Soundbox

Jondar

Ready to race!
I have been seeing a lot of posts regarding the Helix Sub and upgrading. I have a Golf TSI SE, which came with Fender Audio and a Helix Sub fitted inside of the spare. Is there an upgrade to this sub, what exactly is the dongle used for?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
The Helix box and Fender are two different things.
Panasonic makes the Fender system for VW...so you have a "Fender"/Panasonic subwoofer

You can not add the Helix soundbox to a Fender equipped car. And if you could, it would just be replacing your Fender sub with a different sub essentially.

No one has upgraded the OEM Fender sub, and there is no upgrade available.

The dongle is used to program the Helix soundbox to a speficic vehicle, when added to a non Fender stereo equipped car

TLDR: none of it applies to you

Jondar

Ready to race!
The Helix box and Fender are two different things.
Panasonic makes the Fender system for VW...so you have a "Fender"/Panasonic subwoofer

You can not add the Helix soundbox to a Fender equipped car. And if you could, it would just be replacing your Fender sub with a different sub essentially.

No one has upgraded the OEM Fender sub, and there is no upgrade available.

The dongle is used to program the Helix soundbox to a speficic vehicle, when added to a non Fender stereo equipped car

TLDR: none of it applies to you
Perfect, thanks for explanation. I love the fender setup, but I was curious as to whether I could do a plug and play upgrade. Thanks for clearing that up.

Sent from my F3213 using Tapatalk

Jondar

Ready to race!
Ah - I see it now. That type project is far beyond my capabilities. I like that the box/sub/amp and everything fits perfectly, even with the spare. Fantastic work, it looks awesome.