GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apple Car Play

prp74

Passed Driver's Ed
I have discovery pro Nav in the car. Is it easy to convert this into Apple Car Play?

Has anyone done this? If so what are the procedures and costs?

Thanks in advance

Kevmoz

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi prp74, yes it's possible. I've had it done to mine. There is a big subject on here as it's a retro fit and lots have done it and had issues. Mine is great with Apple car play but can get buggy with Android Auto. Do a search and you'll find it. Hope that helps?

prp74

Passed Driver's Ed
Many thanks Kevmoz :)

prp74

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm currently in in dealership having it fitted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let us know how it goes. Also the costing if your don't mind. Thanks

paulgarnett6

Ready to race!
Let us know how it goes. Also the costing if your don't mind. Thanks

I paid £218 but it turns out my car isnt compatible something about usb being wrong type.my car is imported from cyprus.it works fine with android but not apple.they gave me a full refund though and i kept software installed.
So i just got switch from iphone to Samsung when my contract upgrade is due.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prp74

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks. Going to have a look into this.

Paul_W

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
R-Line eT|SI
I can't decide about this. I know my system can have it added. I had a loan Polo a couple of months ago that had it. It was easier in that situation to just plug my phone in rather than sit there pairing my phone on the forecourt. My thinking is though, since I already have bluetooth hands free, sat nav, ipod for music it feels like a lot of money to spend for not a great deal of extra functionality. The only thing it seems to add is text messaging. But since virtually everyone these days uses whatsapp instead it's not really much help