GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fitting GTI side skirts but advice suggestions needed

figgy1

Ready to race!
Hey all,

I have the Volkswagen GTI side skirts https://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/ext...de-skirts-set---vw-golf-7-vii---gti---gtd.htm coming Monday and am looking for some advice on wether to paint them gloss black to match Clubsport diffuser and Maxton front lip or just leave them the way they are ?! I'm thinking of painting them gloss black to match and kinda get the Clubsport look also but I'm not great with spray painting and don't want to mess them up either. Any suggestions or recommendations welcome please ?

Thanks,
figgy

Attachments

• IMG_0558.jpg
    IMG_0558.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 2,585
Last edited:

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
Probably would get a quote on what it would cost to have professionally done, if you're uncomfortable with diy-ing it. Probably wouldn't cost all that much to do truthfully.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
They are rough / knobbly in surface. This means they won’t look good in glossy black without sanding them to get a smooth surface. This type of plastic is hard to sand…. Perhaps if you spray them with a filler first.

Keep them as they are is my recommendation.

/Peter

Either keep them as they are or get Clubsport side skirts which are glossy from factory.

figgy1

Ready to race!
Yeah I know guys the last thing I want to is ruin them by not doing the job properly. The Clubsport ones are a ridiculous price that I cannot afford so its going to be the GTI ones fitted. Think Im going to have to do alot of research on how to use filler primer to smooth them down and get the correct finish to match the diffuser and front lip. Youtube here I come ;)