GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quick run with an Infiniti G37S

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
No video: Just a 3rd gear roll from about 55mph till around 110mph.
The Infiniti had a very nice looking SS exhaust on it and I could definitely hear it. I was behind him and traffic completely opened up. As I swung into the right lane he hit it and so did I (I was about two car lengths back). I basically just walked right past him and kept on pulling the entire way, pretty badly. I just kept only pulling and pulling and was about three car lengths ahead when we finally shut down. He did a fly bye, but didn't look.
We had a couple more opportunities to go, but no playing on his part. We both turned off at the same exit and I was sitting at the light when he came up beside me to turn in the opposite direction. I had my window down, but he stopped and just pulled out without looking again.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
No video: Just a 3rd gear roll from about 55mph till around 110mph.
The Infiniti had a very nice looking SS exhaust on it and I could definitely hear it. I was behind him and traffic completely opened up. As I swung into the right lane he hit it and so did I (I was about two car lengths back). I basically just walked right past him and kept on pulling the entire way, pretty badly. I just kept only pulling and pulling and was about three car lengths ahead when we finally shut down. He did a fly bye, but didn't look.
We had a couple more opportunities to go, but no playing on his part. We both turned off at the same exit and I was sitting at the light when he came up beside me to turn in the opposite direction. I had my window down, but he stopped and just pulled out without looking again.
Another one for the home team!

Congrats on making his abundance of pride very evident also, he should've just gave you a nod or something. Bum.

nodotmk7

Passed Driver's Ed
He was too busy winning to record lol.

Oops misread his first sentence thought it said "new video".. But nice kill, I've smoked a few infinities in my day as well. Seems like their drivers are the new gold standard of road-douche, ousting BMW from the long held champion title. Almost every time I encounter one of these guys it's some dude bro leaving the gym wearing a cutoff driving his dads car still hyped from the pre-workout and looking to show off for his non existent girlfriend. Many have tried none, have succeeded...yet :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
I see that you're Stage 1. Do you think you could have taken him stock too?

It would have been close, but I believe he would have edged me for sure.

They are quite a bit heavier than my car, so that does even things out a bit when talking stock-vs.-stock.

Cruiser

Ready to race!
Cool, I had a G37 which was wicked even stock. Since getting the gti, have wondered how they compared.
Wasn't sure what to do if I came across one, but now I guess with jb4, it's on!

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
In a real race the Infinity would easily beat a stage 1 GTI.

From a dead stop and because I'm manual maybe. From a slow roll - it's not even close. I reeled him in quickly and went by without any issues at all. I could hear his car pretty easily and he was definitely on it.

Cruiser

Ready to race!
In a real race the Infinity would easily beat a stage 1 GTI.

Oh, you mean by exposing the weakness of front wheel drive from a stop.
Thanks for reminding me, I will stick to rolls then.
ha ha ;)