GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Member Mk7 Golf GTI

GTISteve2

hello, every, I'm a new member and the title says.

I was at the VW dealership yesterday test driving two cars, The Golf GTI and the Golf R. After weighing up all my options I decided to go for a GTI as I was getting a great deal on a brand new one on a 2017 plate in white. Going in tomorrow to finalise all the details.

I'm actually coming from a Mk2 Focus RS so power wise it's a bit of a drop and I will miss the sound of the 5 pot but the interior is a far nicer place to be in and it doesn't rattle like a garden shed!. Also got a good price for the car.

are there any issues I should keep an eye out for? owned a Polo years ago but never had a golf or a GTI before.

thanks everyone

V2brett1

Hi Steve and welcome, i had a FRS a couple of cars ago and theres no denying there an awesome machine but for day to day living you cant beat a Golf imo.
You'll love the tech, quality and much more about the golf mate ����

GTISteve2

Hi Steve and welcome, i had a FRS a couple of cars ago and theres no denying there an awesome machine but for day to day living you cant beat a Golf imo.
You'll love the tech, quality and much more about the golf mate ����

Yeah i will miss the RS was a great car for blasting about but for driving through town i couldn't handle it, Picked up the GTI on monday loving it so comfy and quiet to drive.

Attachments

• forum picture.jpg
    forum picture.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 430

AshGTD

Yeah i will miss the RS was a great car for blasting about but for driving through town i couldn't handle it, Picked up the GTI on monday loving it so comfy and quiet to drive.

Great colour :)

MIKE PP.

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf R.
Welcome to the Forum. Is it manual or DSG? Good choice of colour, the car looks great!

GTISteve2

Can I ask why (in more detail) you went for the GTi over the R ? I'm currently weighing up the two and cant decide.

well when i first decide on one or the other for my next car it came down to a few things

.Fuel economy
.Comfort
.practicality
.prices of brakes tyres etc.

however both cars are very similar in that regard, what made me make the decision to go for the GTI over the R was basically the fact i was getting a brand new 2017 plate GTI for about £500 more than a 2015 used Golf R with 20k miles on the clock. so thats basically what made me decide to go for the GTI over the R.

the cars are pretty even from what i could tell, yes the R has 4 wheel drive bigger turbo etc but ive never had a 4 wheel drive car and never felt like ive needed one for where i live. As for power the GTI can be mapped to produce the same power from what im told.

but it also came down to fuel economy i might be wrong but i think the GTI wins in that department.

i think to decide between the to you need to ask What is it you want the car for.

driving around in an focus RS was great but it was by no means comfy and im just realising that now that im driving the golf.