GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk 7.5 GTD rear valance

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
I'd love to think it would fit (and be priced sensibly), but looking at the shape of the rear bumpers for the early MK7's and the face lifted ones, they look quite different, so don't think they would fit ?

Be lovely to be proved wrong :D

Last edited:

BOCONNELL

Yeah, I did notice that they changed the area around the reflectors, pity, hate the one on mine!

2016 Golf GTD, Sport & Sound pack, Dynaudio, CarPlay, CSG

ROBK75

Ready to race!
Yeah, I did notice that they changed the area around the reflectors, pity, hate the one on mine!

I agree, it looks cheap and crap. I replaced mine with a Rieger one:

Attachments

• WP_20160315_11_45_42_Pro Small.jpg
    WP_20160315_11_45_42_Pro Small.jpg
    522.2 KB · Views: 3,224
  • WP_20160321_14_19_08_Pro Small.jpg
    WP_20160321_14_19_08_Pro Small.jpg
    634.3 KB · Views: 3,028

BOCONNELL

I agree, it looks cheap and crap. I replaced mine with a Rieger one:

Hi Rob, I saw yours and it looks great, it really makes the car look like it's something special like the R and the GTi look from the back. The GTD looks almost like a standard golf from the back.

BOCONNELL

Rob, how difficult was it to remove the original rear skirt and fit the Rieger one, I was looking on the Rieger website and there are 3 different options, carbon effect, gloss black and the third just say ABT plastic. I'm not going to paint it so I'm thinking the standard ABT one will match the side skirts and the front better?

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
It's easy to remove the rear valence. Only a few screws and you pop off the valence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROBK75

Ready to race!
Rob, how difficult was it to remove the original rear skirt and fit the Rieger one, I was looking on the Rieger website and there are 3 different options, carbon effect, gloss black and the third just say ABT plastic. I'm not going to paint it so I'm thinking the standard ABT one will match the side skirts and the front better?

I couldn't tell you how difficult it was mate, I've got a friend who owns a bodyshop so he did it, he said it was quite straightforward and attached with 12 bolts.

With regards to the colour, I got the carbon effect but really didn't like it as it was a very light grey carbon finish. I had it painted gloss black but still wasn't keen as it looked a bit OTT so my mate colour coded the top edge of it so it blends in with the rest of the car and doesn't look as 'stuck on'.

So if you're not going to paint it I'd avoid the carbon effect and go for the matt or gloss black.

What colour's your car?

Sladky

Hello, I have a question. Anybody know, if does fits rear valance/difuzor from gti facelift to gtd facelift bumper? Any different plug? Thank you!

Mark315

Passed Driver's Ed
7.5 GTI valance will fit the 7.5 GTD. I have it fitted to mine along with a miltek system.

zub-gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Rob, what exhausts are you running, they look the business..
Also Rob, are you lowered (was considering the VWR springs with 19's) your side skirts just the standard ones painted, or aftermarket/larger items, and what splitter ? ?

Mark, Miltek looks sweet..