GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2017 GTI SE purchase

pkells

Hi All,

New to the forum & looking for some quick insight.

I am looking to pick up a 2017 GTi - Trading in my 2016 STi as a home purchase has made my daily commute much longer. The GTI is much more comfy!

I finally got the car to a price & trade in I was happy with. Sent me numbers & told me they cannot give me the 0.9% VW financing rate because of the "blowout" price they gave me. Has anyone heard of this before? It has put the brakes on my decision to move forward. Not happy that they threw this in right before down payment was about to be sent to them. Thoughts?

GTI SE with a few add ons - $27.950 before taxes & fees. (which was right on the money for truecar estimates in my area)

pkells

Sounds about right. Feel free to peruse this thread for the last few months of posts and see what others are paying. Also, make sure the car has lighting package as some SEs don't, even though VW says it's standard.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8082

Thanks. I already scrolled through that thread. The price looks good to me, its just the part of them not allowing me to use the financing special that is holding me up.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Thanks. I already scrolled through that thread. The price looks good to me, its just the part of them not allowing me to use the financing special that is holding me up.

Its typical. They get kickbacks from lenders and they pass some of it on to you. I'm sure VW has incentives to the dealer for you financing with VW but probably not as lucrative as outside financing is.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
It's usually either the rebates/discount OR the low APR financing....very rare for both.

If it's both, it's usually less of a discount with the low financing

If you like the price, just finance thru a outside bank or credit union...assuming you can get a low rate

Mbarton36

Ready to race!
Hi All,

New to the forum & looking for some quick insight.

I am looking to pick up a 2017 GTi - Trading in my 2016 STi as a home purchase has made my daily commute much longer. The GTI is much more comfy!

I finally got the car to a price & trade in I was happy with. Sent me numbers & told me they cannot give me the 0.9% VW financing rate because of the "blowout" price they gave me. Has anyone heard of this before? It has put the brakes on my decision to move forward. Not happy that they threw this in right before down payment was about to be sent to them. Thoughts?

GTI SE with a few add ons - $27.950 before taxes & fees. (which was right on the money for truecar estimates in my area)

If you've got good enough credit, check with the local credit unions or banks and see what sort of rate they can give you. It may not be .9% but you may get close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JVang

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R
From my personal recent experience they've stated that going with the .9% apr special will result in a lost incentive of $1500-2000.00.

Cruiser

Ready to race!
I'm pretty sure they are offering you that price with the intention of selling your higher interest rate contract to a bank to make up the difference.

pkells

Thanks for all the insight gents.

Since I'm in no rush to buy I'll hold off. Maybe they will be willing to give the .9% and get the deal done at the very end of the month. I'll keep you updated!

Edubb

Few questions for you all.
I currently have a 15' 2 door dsg se with just over a year on my lease with a buyout option. I am trying to get into and purchase a 17 sport 6 speed but I have never purchased a car and have an bad history of getting sucked into leases and focusing too much on "monthly payments" and not overall prices, mainly because of my bad credit. My current Lease deal was 3k down 360/month with a residual value of 15.5k after 36 payments. However I have been doing allot of research on car buying and my credit score has just hit 700 so I think I am ready and I don't want to begin modding a car I have to return in a year. So I recently spoke to a dealer @ van Nuys VW and he admitted that my car would be pretty easy to resell because 2 door se's are now discontinued. so he quoted me 2500 off ($1000/ loyalty+ $1500 if I get my own lender) a new 17 sport 6 speed (sticker 28100) for a total of 25600. However I think I can save more then that and I'm willing to be patient. My questions are.
1) am I now at an advantage because I have a 2 door se which has now been discontinued? Can I use that as a negotiating point? Any suggestions? Am I holding onto gold lol?
2) any tips on negotiating lower than 25.6? People have been posting that price before rebates! How the hell can I do that lol!?!
3) because of my high down payment and monthly payments on my current lease should I personally buyout my lease and try to resell myself in due time?

This threads awesome btw

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
1. No. Salesmans shitass lipservice. 2 doors are not in demand or they never would have stopped making them. He makes no sense. $2,500 off? Please.....PASS

2. Find a new salesman and dealer.

3. Sounds like a PITA. Build up your credit and a downpayment while you pay your current lease. Turn car in. Buy new car.