GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Error: Parking Brake

JonGTD

Hello all,

New to the forum and to the GTD. Picked up my 64 plate yesterday with 9600 miles. Had a great first day of driving with no issues whatsoever.

Went out to the car this morning and had the error: parking break message along with ACC not availible. Essentially the electric parking brake was stuck on and i couldnt remove it either manually or by pulling off. After a few attempts restarting the car the brake appeared to be back to normal...however a short time later the same error message popped up again and this time the brake was stuck off! I still cannot apply it, when trying to put it on simply nothing happens. I have had to leave it in gear for my own peace of mind!

I have contacted my seller and have arranged to take it to their approved garage to be checked out but i imagine it will need to go to a VW dealer at some point.

Has anyone else experienced such a problem and are there any solutions as far as we know?

Thanks

Jon

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

mondo

Ready to race!
Jon,

No, no issue with the electronic park brake. but I had some quirks with the electronics that can be sorted by a VW dealer.
I've had intermitted gyp with the rear camera, park assist and satnav on my late 2016 GTD.
I contacted my VW dealer who said they are aware of these intermittent gremlins and asked me to bring it in for software updates.
I haven't done this yet as in four months I've had Park Assist issues twice and switching the infotainment system off, killing the ignition by openbing the door and locking the car (mine is keyless) for a minute sorts the crap out

I do so need to get it sorted but I believe this can wait until its first service