GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Budget Clutch Installs in PA

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
I had the same thread going on since 2012 on Golfmk6 with a ton of interest, I would like to offer this to the mk7 guys as well.

My friend works for his family's transmission shop and has been doing some side jobs for fellow Golfmk6/7 members. I don't like seeing people getting ripped off for clutch installs since it's beyond the reach of many of us DIY types, so I'm passing on the potential discounts to others.

The clutch installs are done at a legit shop outside of working hours for $350 cash if you provide all the parts, AWD models $450. To make things simple, he's only interested in doing full replacement packages, such as the Clutchmasters FX series or the SBC stage 2-3 kits with LWFW, HS Tuning RSR, etc.

Since I made this thread he has done 20+ clutch installs plus many other K04, intercooler, suspension etc jobs on the mk6 cars.

If you're interested in taking advantage of this please feel free to post or PM me. Most shops charge book rate rather than actual labor, so you're saving between $400-700 here.

Other installs will be considered as well. Installs are done usually on Saturday or Sunday mornings. The shop is located in Willow Grove, PA and only a few minutes from the PA Turnpike.

As of right now my friend is not doing many summer installs as his shop gets boiling hot and does not have air. If we can find a cool week between the hot days I'm sure he'd be happy to have a few extra bucks and help you all out.

-Ken

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Is PA close to Texas?

Just wishful thinking.

GTIJones1

i knew this thread looked familiar! had to make sure i was on the mk7 page lol. this is an awesome deal, when i had my car tuned at smith vw i was talking to them about clutches and they said labor on a clutch is around 700.. thats insane:eek:

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
i knew this thread looked familiar! had to make sure i was on the mk7 page lol. this is an awesome deal, when i had my car tuned at smith vw i was talking to them about clutches and they said labor on a clutch is around 700.. thats insane:eek:

$700 is actually reasonable for a dealer or private shop I'd say.

Alldata book rate for GTI clutch R/R is 6.3hr. The rate at my shop is $115/hr + tax.

As a dealerships were are supposed to quote jobs at 1.5x warranty rate. For a Golf R that time is 9.6 hrs.

Either way $350-450 cash is a steal.