GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The 'Chimera' - Progression of my 1.8T by SKVeeDubR

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
08/11/2017 - 40 Years of Golf

What better way to celebrate '40 Years of Golf' than by these beautiful OEM CS 40 YEARS graphic!

You only get one shot to get this right

This is coming along nicely!

Pulling this backing was extremely satisfying.

Totally changes the look of the car, I'm in love!

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
Looks very nice. Fun project.
Nice garage. Like the tire racks.
Looks similar to mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

the car or the tire racks :p

and thanks!

Wondered to myself a while back what had become of this project. Looking great. Like the side stripes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah a wrench was thrown in the proverbial gears when Photobucket went full retard..

Thanks! These Clubsport Stripes really set the car off. Even my wife who is not partial to decals/graphics likes them!

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
08/16/2017 - Gained 36HP

How many of you can say you've had a 36hp engine in your MK7? For those unaware, this is for the 1954 Type 1 we are restoring.

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
08/17/2017 - A stop along the way to the 26th Annual Great Canadian Volkswagen Show (GCVW)

Here we are at Concept 1 in Calgary, Alberta to drop off our 36hp motor for a once over before we reinstall it. My wife was in heaven that day - the Beetle will be hers in al it's 36hp pan-off resto glory. She is also spearheading the project and doing much of the work herself! Also shown is my friend's MK7 R. It's fast.

and back on the road, somewhere in the Rockies..

'Hey hun, we have a week without the kids!'

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
Concept1 sells 18" ATS Cups, but they can no longer sell to the states :(

Jealous of those side stripes! I was unable to locate them for my 2 door or I totally would have snagged a set!

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
Concept1 sells 18" ATS Cups, but they can no longer sell to the states :(

Jealous of those side stripes! I was unable to locate them for my 2 door or I totally would have snagged a set!

There is a set of ATS Cups from Concept 1 local to me at my dealer - they had on a demo car but now they are off.. I'm sure they would be willing to sell if you're interested? Lemme know and I can look in to it for you.

Are you still wanting stripes for a 3-door as well?

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
08/18/2017 - Great Canadian Volkswagen Show and E-ACCA

So for those who don't know, this past summer I was sponsored by E-ACCA for the Great Canadian Volkswagen Show to showcase some of the very desirable euro goodies many of us are after.

Sea to Sky Highway, photo by Harrison James Photography

I was also able to secure a bit of a deal for show-goers, which was extended to everyone in North America who could not attend. For those who don't know, E-ACCA are basically wholesalers of OEM parts, so while 5% discount may not sound like much, when the parts are already 35-40% cheaper than anything local, it definitely adds up! Shoot Natalja a message at info@e-acca.com and tell her MikeMo sent you!

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
08/18/2017 - Vancouver R Club meet at Fat Burger

The local boys showed gave us a warm welcome (three MK7's in attendance from Saskatchewan), and we all met at Fat Burger for some car talk and, well, fat burgers!

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
08/19/2017 - Pancake Breakfast at Jim Pattison Volkswagen

Early morning show and shine and a delicious pancake breakfast put on by a local air-cooled group - great cars, great people!

We broke off from the herd to catch up with our air-cooled friends and went for some of the most delicious sushi I've had in ages. I NEVER take pictures of my meals, well that is until that day. The roe was to DIE for!!!!

We reconvened at Open Road VW for the rest of the festivities Saturday night. Live music, beer garden, beach volleyball, BBQ, and again some amazing cars on display!

Last edited:

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
08/20/2017 - GCVW 26th Annual Show and Shine, Vancouver, British Columbia

Second year of attendance for the wife and I, we plan to make this an annual pilgrimage now that she's fully immersed in the air-cooled world with her '54 Type 1 restoration, and we really enjoy catching up with all out friends, both new and old. Highly recommend checking out the show some year if you can! Both air- and water-cooled in attendance.

for some breathtaking photos of the weekend, you MUST check out Alan Uyeno Photography's coverage of the 3-day annual event!!

I linked Alan's photo journal of the GCVW show so I won't show a bunch of pictures here as my photos don't do these cars justice.. But I do want to share my FAVOURITE car of the entire show - this 1980 Euro MK1 GTI in Inari Silver. My first car was a Euro 1979 Mars Red GTI with Tartan cloth, and I've been hooked on VW's ever since. I tried to buy this car right then and there, but the owner says I would have to pry the keys from his cold, dead hands.. I'll keep working on him :p

Last edited:

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Holy shit that black strip does wonders! Looks fantastic! Your build always motivates me to step up my game!

Euro taillights next? Maybe smoke the outside edges of the lenses?

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
Holy shit that black strip does wonders! Looks fantastic! Your build always motivates me to step up my game!

Euro taillights next? Maybe smoke the outside edges of the lenses?

Thanks! And agreed! Very happy with the CS stripes! Some ppl think I'm advertising my age though :rolleyes:

I think I've come to the conclusion 7.5LED tails it must be.. they are simply gorgeous.. but, I've been known to change my mind once or twice haha. Crazy thing is one of my VERY FIRST mods on my MK6 R was LED tails.. but for my MK7s, neither have upgraded tails as of yet..

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Yeah it’s been down the list for me too. But I’ve been thinking that dudes with led tails would be possibly upping to 7.5 tails... thought maybe I could score a good deal.