GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Please explain Cobb Traction Control

TnGTI

I'm a bit confused. I need someone to explain if you understand.

When is the cobb control active? Standard control on, traction control button pressed or ?

Levels 1-9? If defaults to 1 but what does that mean?

After you set it is it on all the time? Even with the tuner is unplugged?

Any more info is greatly appreciated.

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
Great questions. As it was explained to me, it is essentially the same as what has been in the Ford's tuned by Cobb. Link for info below.

It acts in the place of ASR for traction and reduces timing. So while slip reduction is left "on" in your car, the Cobb algorithm has taken over in how to keep the wheels from slipping.

Levels 1 through 8 are user defined multipliers, and 9 is off for live tuning purposes. The lower the number, the less slip is allowed. Your car will always default to level 1, but a Protuner can make higher levels to be default "1" instead (coded in your tune file). The desired level is something you and your tuner figure out. And once a level is coded, it will keep that setting with or without the Accessport connected for as long as you use that particular tune file.

Rev'nStep has a great test video on YouTube. Link below.

I hope this helps!

https://www.cobbtuning.com/ford-cobb-traction-control/
https://youtu.be/VvyGbvETSak

Edit: corrected wording.

Last edited:

TnGTI

It really cuts in hard on 1. It almost bogs the motor. I agree it helps and almost eliminates wheel spin but it also seems to kill the power. I'll play with it more. Thanks for the response.

koniu77

Passed Driver's Ed
Are these adjustments set by a protuner or can we somehow adjust them via accessport ourselves?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
Are these adjustments set by a protuner or can we somehow adjust them via accessport ourselves?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Great question. We can set it ourselves on the AP but it doesn't keep the setting (great for race events though). For it to be permanent, key cycle to key cycle, we have to ask for it to be set in the flash file.

Hotfart

Ready to race!
Does anyone know if ESC need to be set to ON or Sport-Limited or OFF completely for Cobb TC to work?

Does the AP need to connected while driving for this to work or if is not connected it will default to "1" ?

For Cobb TC to work, ESC needs to be turned off (not on Sport). To see what your default value for TC is set to, plug in the Accessport and go to the TC settings, and whatever it is initially showing will be the default.

When the Accessport is not connected, it will use the default setting (assuming ESC is off). You can adjust settings on the fly when the Accessport is plugged in, but once you unplug the Accessport, it goes back to the default setting.

Unfortunately, there is currently no way for the end user to change the default setting, as you would need to have your tuner set it.