GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Upgrading the LPFP but not the HPFP

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
What's maxed though? Pump or injectors?

My understanding and readings show that LPFP gets maxed out before the rest of the fuel system.

Ricked_Em

Go Kart Champion
My understanding and readings show that LPFP gets maxed out before the rest of the fuel system.

That's what I mean though. After we spend 1k on a pump and controller will we then need to spend another undetermined amount on injectors to actually use straight E85?

Mr.boles

Ready to race!
That's what I mean though. After we spend 1k on a pump and controller will we then need to spend another undetermined amount on injectors to actually use straight E85?

According to the conversation I had with UM if you want to run full boost on full E85 on a is38 you need a LPFP and injectors i.e. port injectors because that's all that's available right now. You can run full E85 with out either but they have to run lower boost to keep up with fuel demand. The only real positive in doing that is you get the same or little more power without having to run high boost levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricked_Em

Go Kart Champion
According to the conversation I had with UM if you want to run full boost on full E85 on a is38 you need a LPFP and injectors i.e. port injectors because that's all that's available right now. You can run full E85 with out either but they have to run lower boost to keep up with fuel demand. The only real positive in doing that is you get the same or little more power without having to run high boost levels.

Theres the answer I was looking for. Thanks!

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie
The IS38 won't max the stock fueling. You'll be ok until you go big-turbo. You'll need an upgraded LPFP to run E85 though. Precision Raceworks makes one. You'll also need a voltage controller for it. Torqbyte makes one now.

http://www.precisionraceworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=67

https://torqbyte.com/collections/products/products/mqb-pm3

IS38 can max stock fueling actually, especially with ethanol mixes.

Reviving this thread for the LPFP option.
so as i understand it if we utilize the precision raceworks stage 3 LPFP here we'd need the torquebyte controller that ReggieE mentioned earlier?
confused b/c UM never mentioned that when I spoke to them. basically they said they adjust the RPM of the pump (tune-wise).

also if we don't want to cut-up the LPFP basket we have another option to go with a new company called PFS. but when will they start selling and we will need the torquebyte controller for them too or not? really confused about needing a controller and the UM talk is like 1 word answers. need a full explanation on this stuff from someone who knows what they are talking about.
my goal is carbon cleaning effect and also larger turbo down the road and it seems besides APR stage3+ which has all that, is only UM that can provide it. but i need to know what to get to make it happen. not interested in blowing the factory LPFP PWM control pump moduler, but also not interested in spending $600 on the torquebyte if we don't really need it.

let me know your thoughts on this stuff fellas..thanks!!

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie
Reviving this thread for the LPFP option.
so as i understand it if we utilize the precision raceworks stage 3 LPFP here we'd need the torquebyte controller that ReggieE mentioned earlier?
confused b/c UM never mentioned that when I spoke to them. basically they said they adjust the RPM of the pump (tune-wise).

also if we don't want to cut-up the LPFP basket we have another option to go with a new company called PFS. but when will they start selling and we will need the torquebyte controller for them too or not? really confused about needing a controller and the UM talk is like 1 word answers. need a full explanation on this stuff from someone who knows what they are talking about.
my goal is carbon cleaning effect and also larger turbo down the road and it seems besides APR stage3+ which has all that, is only UM that can provide it. but i need to know what to get to make it happen. not interested in blowing the factory LPFP PWM control pump moduler, but also not interested in spending $600 on the torquebyte if we don't really need it.

let me know your thoughts on this stuff fellas..thanks!!

edit: i just re-read the precision raceworks print on the LPFP stage 3 option and they say :[FONT=&quot]This kit requires the use of one of an aftermarket fuel pump controller or proper software changes in the ECU to control the pump. Failure to implement one of these two options can possibly cause damage to your factory fuel pump controller. We prefer having software change in the ECU over aftermarket fuel pump controllers that are available at this time, please check with your tuner to see if this is something they can do for you before purchase.

[/FONT]

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Frank Mabo has tunes for e60 on is20 cars on stock fueling. It is coming...

pieguy

Ready to race!
You don't need a controller if your tuner can code for the walbro 450. PFS is the best option cause their pumps CEL free without a tune or controller I believe. It's also direct drop in replacement without cutting requirements like the PR stage 3 unit.

Right now a few have installed the PR stage 3 and tuners have been able to tune for them, but I believe they're running into CELs intermittently.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

pieguy

Ready to race!
Frank Mabo has tunes for e60 on is20 cars on stock fueling. It is coming...
RJracing tested the is38 and said anything past e50 was negligible. Wonder if mabo has found otherwise.

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie
You don't need a controller if your tuner can code for the walbro 450. PFS is the best option cause their pumps CEL free without a tune or controller I believe. It's also direct drop in replacement without cutting requirements like the PR stage 3 unit.

Right now a few have installed the PR stage 3 and tuners have been able to tune for them, but I believe they're running into CELs intermittently.

Thanks for the info, definitely would be interested but PFS website isn't even running yet. no way to purchase. will probably go with PR kit plus they have a sweet deal going on right now. 10% off :)

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie
went for the PR kit stage 3. according to them you can still drive on it to get to your tuner chance of an issue is minimal. If i have the time I want to DIY this thing instead of the shop rushing through it.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
What company is PFS? I see the PR and was interested in that kit.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Hmm. I can't find the LPFP kit that was just drop in without cutting up anything.