GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Golf R Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2017, 07:28 PM   #222
George Smooth
Senior Member
 
George Smooth's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf 7 R
Location: South Africa
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak_Attack View Post
If i buy the bluetooth kit do i still need the data cable?
Hi, it completely replaces the need of the data cable.
George Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:54 PM   #223
ah_long
Member
 
Drives: MK7 LSG 6MT Golf R
Location: Toronto
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 33
George, does the new firmware apply to all units? necessary to update?
ah_long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 12:56 PM   #224
Steenbeek
Junior Member
 
Drives: 1.8 Tsi 4x4 DSG6
Location: Austria
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 21
Do any of you guys recognize DSG slip when boost kicks in in mid range?
I always have it for one or two seconds when i go wot at lets say 4000rpm.
I want to avoid buying a dsg software.
Steenbeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:30 PM   #225
Dragk913
Junior Member
 
Drives: VW Mk7 Golf R
Location: Minnesota
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 3
Hey guys,

I'm running Map2 on my JB4, but keep hitting a safety and the JB4 is reverting back to Map4. I've already emailed George, but figured I'd check in with y'all to see if anyone can spot what's causing the issue. ETA: this Map2 log is a 3rd-4th gear pull starting at roughly 60mph. Should I re-log it from a lower speed?

Datalog: Located Here

Current mods on the Golf R are only 93oct fuel (United States), intake, turbo inlet pipe, cat-back exhaust (stock downpipe).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Dragk913; 11-07-2017 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Added info.
Dragk913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:42 PM   #226
Diggs24
Senior Member
 
Diggs24's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 GTI; 2003 Saab 9-3 SS
Location: USA
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 3,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragk913 View Post
Hey guys,

I'm running Map2 on my JB4, but keep hitting a safety and the JB4 is reverting back to Map4. I've already emailed George, but figured I'd check in with y'all to see if anyone can spot what's causing the issue. ETA: this Map2 log is a 3rd-4th gear pull starting at roughly 60mph. Should I re-log it from a lower speed?

Datalog: Located Here

Current mods on the Golf R are only 93oct fuel (United States), intake, turbo inlet pipe, cat-back exhaust (stock downpipe).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Check AFR/Fuel bias is all set to 100.
Set FOL to 40.

What is boost safety set to?
__________________
JB4 / IE Intercooler / MAP cat+res Downpipe
Diggs24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:59 PM   #227
Dragk913
Junior Member
 
Drives: VW Mk7 Golf R
Location: Minnesota
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs24 View Post
Check AFR/Fuel bias is all set to 100.
Set FOL to 40.

What is boost safety set to?
Thanks for the quick response, Diggs!

I haven't changed any of the User Adjustment Settings - I just installed the JB4 and set the map to 2; so Fuel Bias, FOL, and Boost Safety are all zero. I'll make the adjustments you recommended and do some more testing later today.

ETA: Diggs, I'm a dummy. I didn't even realize the JB4 Bluetooth app has a field on the User Adjustment Settings page that lists the last safety hit. The field shows that I was hitting boost over the safety value.
__________________
2016 VW Golf R (2.0/6MT)
BMS JB4, Apexi Power Intake, MST Turbo Inlet Pipe, Invidia Cat-back, Emmanuele Design Springs

Last edited by Dragk913; 11-07-2017 at 07:14 PM.
Dragk913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:55 PM   #228
George Smooth
Senior Member
 
George Smooth's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf 7 R
Location: South Africa
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragk913 View Post
Thanks for the quick response, Diggs!

I haven't changed any of the User Adjustment Settings - I just installed the JB4 and set the map to 2; so Fuel Bias, FOL, and Boost Safety are all zero. I'll make the adjustments you recommended and do some more testing later today.

ETA: Diggs, I'm a dummy. I didn't even realize the JB4 Bluetooth app has a field on the User Adjustment Settings page that lists the last safety hit. The field shows that I was hitting boost over the safety value.
Emailed you the fix.

On some IOS cars on the first handshake the JB4 values get scrambled up so the JB4 in turn reverts them to 0 making boost safety 0 too which forces the JB4 to basically run in map 4 which is a pass through map.
George Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:17 PM   #229
Dragk913
Junior Member
 
Drives: VW Mk7 Golf R
Location: Minnesota
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Smooth View Post
Emailed you the fix.

On some IOS cars on the first handshake the JB4 values get scrambled up so the JB4 in turn reverts them to 0 making boost safety 0 too which forces the JB4 to basically run in map 4 which is a pass through map.
Thanks for the awesome support, George. I got your email and saved the values as a baseline. Everything is working smoothly (and fast!) now
__________________
2016 VW Golf R (2.0/6MT)
BMS JB4, Apexi Power Intake, MST Turbo Inlet Pipe, Invidia Cat-back, Emmanuele Design Springs
Dragk913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:53 PM   #230
George Smooth
Senior Member
 
George Smooth's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf 7 R
Location: South Africa
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragk913 View Post
Thanks for the awesome support, George. I got your email and saved the values as a baseline. Everything is working smoothly (and fast!) now
Happy it was a simple fix.
George Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:32 PM   #231
bluescreenofwin
Junior Member
 
Drives: 2015 Golf R DSG
Location: SoCal
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Smooth View Post
Emailed you the fix.

On some IOS cars on the first handshake the JB4 values get scrambled up so the JB4 in turn reverts them to 0 making boost safety 0 too which forces the JB4 to basically run in map 4 which is a pass through map.
Not just IOS but happened to me on Android too.. You also helped me fix this about 8 months ago
bluescreenofwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:46 PM   #232
racerboy55
Junior Member
 
Drives: R Station Wagon
Location: Up North
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 21
Running revised jb4 - partial throttle delivery is greatly improved - smoother than ever..!
racerboy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:41 PM   #233
jonny_g
Junior Member
 
Drives: 2016 Golf R DSG DCC
Location: New York
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerboy55 View Post
Running revised jb4 - partial throttle delivery is greatly improved - smoother than ever..!
How do we get the revised firmware update?
jonny_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:48 PM   #234
Diggs24
Senior Member
 
Diggs24's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 GTI; 2003 Saab 9-3 SS
Location: USA
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 3,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_g View Post
How do we get the revised firmware update?
Email George.
__________________
JB4 / IE Intercooler / MAP cat+res Downpipe
Diggs24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:32 PM   #235
George Smooth
Senior Member
 
George Smooth's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf 7 R
Location: South Africa
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3,317
The firmware update can be found here with instructions on how to load it in post 1: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50428

Changes have been made to the part throttle fueling logic with good improvements in part throttle power delivery.

The firmware version is 60/4//5 so if you have this already no need to update.
George Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 12:09 AM   #236
Mjonesjr8
Junior Member
 
Drives: 2017 Golf R
Location: Alabama
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 8
i know probably a stupid question but, how big a hole does it leave in the wire you have to tap if you remove it all before a dealer trip? Thanks
Mjonesjr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:49 PM   #237
badger91
Junior Member
 
Drives: VW
Location: Mexico
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 11
Any Black Friday deals on JB4?!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
badger91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:58 PM   #238
crxgator
Senior Member
 
crxgator's Avatar
 
Drives: Vans Authentic
Location: Raleigh, NC / Kingston, NY
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 816
No. They never go on sale.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2017 GTI Sport

crxgator is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.