GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheel hop / thumping after installing new tires

NellyGTI

Ready to race!
Also Nelly i see you live up in MA. Might not want to drive on those summer tires up there over winter. Those tires are not meant to be used at freezing or near freezing temperatures. Will cause lack of grip and potential compound cracking on the tires.

Hell no. I’ve got winter wheels for the cold. It’s been unseasonably warm so I’ve kept them on still (60 deg today). Winters going on this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have this same problem on my GTI. Completely stock except for an AWE CBE. It’s been happening since day 1 though. I don’t launch the car at all because of it. My Mk6 never did this. Spun the tires sure, but never just completely seized up like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NellyGTI

Ready to race!
Just a quick update. I sent the insert to 034 for them to investigate the issue and they sent me a replacement. I also have the BFI one as well. I’ll probably just sell the 034 one off. I’ve asked 034 for an explanation, doubt I’ll hear anything.

NellyGTI

Ready to race!
Quick update, 034 did replace the mount under warranty (great support). In the meantime I installed the BFI insert and replaced the engine and transmission mount with those offered by 034. Wheel hope is better but not gone. Even under wet conditions.

I’m a bit disappointed by this. Any thoughts?