GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY - HD Clutch Stop - for less than a dollar! for all MQB MK7 Golf 5 and 6MT

SM075180

Ready to race!
anyone have pics of the parts? his images are dead :(

I second this request.
After removing my BMS stop today for giggles, and then coming across this thread I'm a lot more interested in this route rather than reinstalling the BMS one. The BMS stop is effective but absolutely not WORTH the $10.00. It's a reasonable deal but after seeing how badly it's worn after just a couple of months.

Not to trash BMS too bad. I've been happy, it's not like it stopped working. It just isn't an object I feel proud to have plugged a hole in my car with. It's like getting mega blocks for christmas as a kid instead of lego... sure it's the same but...

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
haha sorry guys, working on it. thwarted by stupid photo bucket and i refuse to pay for their crap service so i'm in process of moving over to imagur

I second this request.
After removing my BMS stop today for giggles, and then coming across this thread I'm a lot more interested in this route rather than reinstalling the BMS one. The BMS stop is effective but absolutely not WORTH the $10.00. It's a reasonable deal but after seeing how badly it's worn after just a couple of months.

Not to trash BMS too bad. I've been happy, it's not like it stopped working. It just isn't an object I feel proud to have plugged a hole in my car with. It's like getting mega blocks for christmas as a kid instead of lego... sure it's the same but...

I LOLed.

I would also like to see the images please!

Hahaha we’ve all been there. Glad you understand the humor of that :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
I also checked recently and my clutch stop is in as good condition as when I first installed it in February. No play or looseness has developed and there are no signs of any deterioration of any kind!

TheKickinSquid

SK - thanks so much for your 'HD MQB Clutch Stop' idea!

It's the first mod I've done to my R, and it definitely made a difference in clutch feel. Prior to coming across this thread I scoured YouTube for a DIY install - no luck on that. So, in order to spread the DIY love I shot a short install vid, with a link to this thread, and posted it on YouTube.

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPoELXGfgJk

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
I also checked recently and my clutch stop is in as good condition as when I first installed it in February. No play or looseness has developed and there are no signs of any deterioration of any kind!

Perfect! I suspect these style of clutch stops should last the life of the vehicle!

SK - thanks so much for your 'HD MQB Clutch Stop' idea!

It's the first mod I've done to my R, and it definitely made a difference in clutch feel. Prior to coming across this thread I scoured YouTube for a DIY install - no luck on that. So, in order to spread the DIY love I shot a short install vid, with a link to this thread, and posted it on YouTube.

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPoELXGfgJk

So honoured to have popped your R's mod-cherry! :p

Just watched your vid - excellent work! I think you captured it well. Yeah getting under there physically is the hardest part, especially if you are like me and not as flexible as you once were haha!

How are you enjoying it so far?!

edit - shared your video on the first page, at the bottom of my first post of this DIY for people to watch as well. Thanks again for sharing!