GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

KC Dubs

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
KC Dubs and kch2o are basically crossover groups with many of the same core members

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
I'd like to get a tune and do some suspension mods, but i got some research to do, any suggestions?
I am greatly enjoying my Eurodyne tune. I had VWR coilovers on my mk6 and they were phenomenal. For good performance and reasonable price I'd go koni yellow shocks and h&r springs. I actually like the mk7 suspension though.

KC_MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Awesome thanks for the info, I see you had the tool to flash the tune, is it anything like the open source tuning for subarus or is it just a file flashed over?

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
Awesome thanks for the info, I see you had the tool to flash the tune, is it anything like the open source tuning for subarus or is it just a file flashed over?

I don't know much about Subie tuning but I believe that ED is different. You have to be connected to ED server via WiFi to access their tune files. There are several options to choose from though based on octane and preference of high torque vs. high hp tunes. I have the cable but I'm fairly certain that I can tune other cars if I (they) pay for more "credits" to download a tune onto another car. As far as I know though the 2016 ECU have new encryption that has still not been defeated...so you may be waiting awhile longer before you can tune via the OBD2 port. The 2015 models can be tuned via the port up to a certain VIN so apparently I lucked out with getting a fairly early production mode. My car was build in 10/2014.

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
What up KC?! I can in fact tune other Mk7 GTI and R with my Eurodyne cable. I tuned a friend's R a few weeks ago with great results!

Holler at me if you want to buy a Eurodyne tune through my cable and I will install it for a one time $50 fee. Tune plus my fee will be $550 so you are saving $150 by using my cable (tune plus cable=$700). PM me if you are interested and we can set up a time to tune.

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
I keep passing a VP Racing fuel station off of I-35 on my commute. Anyone know if they sell race gas? Or just high octane? It seems to be in the Merriam/Shawnee area. More info if you have it please.

KCchiefin

Ready to race!
Just took delivery on a SE this week. Traded in a '16 WRX that was tuned to 300/330. Gotta say I don't really miss it much. The GTI is super fun and don't even get me started on the interior differences.

Already have a few essentials ordered (wide-angle mirrors, dogbone insert, euro headlight switch, clutch stop and some minor visual stuff) and having it tinted tomorrow. Once I move the rest of my subie parts I plan on going for some ST X coils, wheels, and probably a CTS cbe. Still deciding if I want to go w/ the APR stg 1 tune since it doesn't look like these cars have the strongest of clutches. Anyways stoked to join the euro club and looking forward to some meets this season!

Last edited:

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
Just took delivery on a SE this week. Traded in a '16 WRX that was tuned to 300/330. Gotta say I don't really miss it much. The GTI is super fun and don't even get me started on the interior differences.

Already have a few essentials ordered (wide-angle mirrors, dogbone insert, euro headlight switch, clutch stop and some minor visual stuff) and having it tinted tomorrow. Once I move the rest of my subie parts I plan on going for some ST X coils, wheels, and probably a CTS cbe. Still deciding if I want to go w/ the APR stg 1 tune since it doesn't look like these cars have the strongest of clutches. Anyways stoked to join the euro club and looking forward to some meets this season!

Congrats on the new ride! I'd like to hear the story on trading in a brand new WRX someday! You must've hated it :) I traded in my 2011 GTI for a 2015 GTI so of course I'm biased towards dubs. The interior must feel like a lux car compared to that Subie :)

I have the Eurodyne powertap tuning cable and can tune your car for the price of the tune and a $50 fee. Will save you some money over the APR tune and the ED tune is legit!!! Free upgrades if you decide to tune to stage 1.5 or 2 someday as well. Just let me know. Welcome aboard! The latest GTI is fantastic!