GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ideas: wife wants "bad girl" car

drshark

Ready to race!
The other day, we're sitting at a stoplight and a Jeep Wrangler pulls up next to us. She says, "that's kind of what I want--either a 'bad girl' car or I'll settle for a grandmother car like everyone else". I'm 56; we were classmates in college. You do the math for her age...

So, what vehicles would make sense for her to consider? (Considering the "other" car is an R.) I started thinking about something like an F-type Jag. But I/we are open to ideas. We're probably 1-2 years away, but you never know...

Thanks.

r-gazmic

Passed Driver's Ed
Around that age my mom got a Porsche Boxster, this was back in 2001. She loved that thing to death, daily drove it weather permitting for ~13 years. I eventually bought that car and learned to drive stick on it so I might be a little biased about it.

She definitely got a lot of looks and comments about it. "YOU drive a WHAT?" was a pretty common question. Car people understand that the Boxster isn't really the greatest thing Porsche ever made (some don't even consider them "real" Porsches), but most people see Porsche convertible and think "bad ass car".

Boxster might not be the answer in this case, although the new ones with the turbo 4 are pretty quick, but I vote something where the roof comes off. Nothing grandma-ish about blasting down some country road with the top down.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
E86 Z4M coupé. One test drive and she'll have to have it. Essentially all the running gear of the E46 M3, in a 2-seater that's 200 lbs lighter. Styling has aged very well. An absolute beast and a hoot to drive.

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
A gal I work with recently got a Jag F-PACE S...really nice inside and out and it sounds mean (380 HP, supercharged). Might want to check that out if AWD is desired.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
TT RS.

OP from NY so AWD.

https://youtu.be/wG0sYMh40ck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Mustang.
I love European cars, but I wouldn't consider many of them to be bad girls, or bad boys cars.

tknj99

Ready to race!
Corvette C7... mostly only see old white gray hairs driving them around.. would be a nice change and definitely bad ass material

KO7

Ready to race!
F-Type V6 S, R, or SVR depending on your budget. Coupe or Convertible

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
My mom went the other direction and bought a 15 Vert Beetle :)

And my brother finally dug her 67 bug out of storage and sent it off to get a new engine/brakes/wiring harness.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
I'm a devote VAG car guy and yet I have a lotta MOPAR in me. My first Muscle car in '77 was a '70 Runner. The Challenger 392 Scat Pack with the race package with Auto trans is my fav!!! I had one for a weekend.

If my GOLF R wasn't the great car it is... I'd own the above.

Classmates (a couple) from my High School days in '77 just bought one for their Sunday Funday drives.

Back in the day it was MOPAR or no car!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYwBk1ZfObc

Last edited: