GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Steering wheel glare

bossbrew

Passed Driver's Ed
Anybody have any tricks to get rid of the glare from the bottom of the steering wheel? It can be pretty annoying...

Dave

bossbrew

Passed Driver's Ed
I usually drive during commute times, and never had an issue. Went on a trip where I was driving during the middle of the day and it was pretty bad. Can't tint at this point, so maybe some flat black tape for now.

beardedGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6mt
I have this on my mine as well as the past few cars I've owned. It all depends on what angle the sun is at so it's going to have different effects depending on time of year and where you are geographically. It does it to me from different parts on the dash. The only thing to do is to wrap the shiney bits. Polarized glasses cut down on glare to some extent, but they can't completely block raw sunlight being directly reflected right back into your face.

beardedGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6mt
You could do 3m vinyl wrap. There was actually a pretty good thread here where someone did it on the steering wheel and other chrome pieces. Unfortunately pics are all gone now due to photobucket. Understand it's only a seasonal thing. I agree, it's very annoying. But I've owned several cars that did this and I just stuck it out without ever modifying anything.

bossbrew

Passed Driver's Ed
Yep. The few times I see the glare during normal driving I just soldier on. But on the trip up to Lake County (great roads!), it was really annoying. I'll probably just find some dark, matte tape. It's weird that the engineers and test drivers don't catch things like this.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion