GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

supesgolfr

Ready to race!
Actually at least half of all the pages in this thread are taken up by people wondering what happened to their e-acca order.

In giant threads like this, I will read the first few pages and then the last few pages. I think that's the least people can do before asking the same questions. Also, it's good if the starter of the thread can edit the first post and summarize the information in the thread as a courtesy.

I think this thread has outlived its usefulness, and I vote for Jbale to start a new thread so that he can own the first post and update where necessary. I first came to this thread because it was unclear whether the Audiamant harness was going to work properly for NA, and because e-acca was taking so long to fulfill orders. Now that both problems are essentially solved (use Jbale harness and cars245), this thread no longer has value, and at 76 pages and counting has too much dross to be useful to most new-comers.

Last edited:

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Well this went to shit quick. Heres the base led lights that we will get vs the euro option. Top is base golf model tails vs the golf r on bottom, found on audiamants site.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Nsknick

Ready to race!
Well this went to shit quick. Heres the base led lights that we will get vs the euro option. Top is base golf model tails vs the golf r on bottom, found on audiamants site.

Still 100 times better than the OEM ones IMHO. Plus, you still take advantage of the dynamic portion of the tail light. I'm sure we could break the euro models down to bits and pieces and find other things that we like better on the euro model vs the US model.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Still 100 times better than the OEM ones IMHO. Plus, you still take advantage of the dynamic portion of the tail light. I'm sure we could break the euro models down to bits and pieces and find other things that we like better on the euro model vs the US model.

uhhh i'm unsure if those top LED ones are dynamic

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG

The tails on top were shown in the New York (?) Auto Show a while back already

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I know they were, I don't remember if they were dynamic or not and I wasn't 100% sure if that car was a US spec car.
They weren't dynamic, iirc. Turn signals are still red too.

Idk if it's just me, but when I first saw the US tails, I immediately thought BMW

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Opened up my Cars245 shipment today and saw this on the left outter tail before I even took the foam completely off :(