GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boost pressure

GolfR17

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a 2017 golf r. Does anyone know what the stock max boost pressure is. Just curious. How accurate this factory gauge is. Thanks

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Think 17.4

Remember that pos oem gauge in radio head unit is total boost, must subtract atmospheric

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
14.7 at sea level, it's probably right around 14.1 around you

The gauge in the display shows absolute or total pressure. The only useful gauges are oil temp and water temp, the total boost gauge and g meter are useless.

You'll notice on the total boost gauge there is no vacuum negative, then 0, then psi. Look at my avatar for how the gauge you want, reads out. It fits in the left hand vent and run a boost tap to get accurate readings at least how most of us prefer or are used to looking at boost/psi (+) positive and vaccum (-) negative.

At idle your usually -20,25 vacuum, then up to 0, (as you accelerate) then into + boost psi (as you wot)

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31335

Last edited:

GolfR17

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks man for the info. Ya it is a useless gauge and also kind of hazardous. I was just curious to why they did something like that. Down the road I'll look into getting a aftermarket gauge when I need it. For now the car is stock and I'm happy with it. Super fun

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Thanks man for the info. Ya it is a useless gauge and also kind of hazardous. I was just curious to why they did something like that. Down the road I'll look into getting a aftermarket gauge when I need it. For now the car is stock and I'm happy with it. Super fun

They get even more fun when ya mod a little and up boost from 17 to 29 psi :)

Or 43psi on that useles gauge lol

GolfR17

Passed Driver's Ed
Ya I'm looking into buying the piggy back. I have it sitting in my cart on the website just haven't hit checkout yet lol. Are there any sites cheaper than others for the burger jb4

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
I'm personally not a fan of those signal modifiers, so I wouldn't know, but I'm sure someone else will chime in :)

If you're gonna go that route, seems like a good choice on this platform as many members seem to run them.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Ya, I don't think you can go wrong, unless ya have really bad luck under warranty, or ya sorta double dip, buy the jb4 then later decide to spend $1400 on ecu/tcu tune, even then I guess ya could just "stack" the two for meth or e85 down the road, there's also a secondary market for used jb1/4s, so it's never completely wasted money, with a part sitting on garage shelf lol

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
They get even more fun when ya mod a little and up boost from 17 to 29 psi :)

Or 43psi on that useles gauge lol

Isn't 29 PSI a ton of boost? Over the amount that would be reliable long term?