GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Child Seats in Golf R? And current pricing/deals?

bdlPNW

Passed Driver's Ed
I got three dionos in the back for my 3 sons...we take it everywhere unless we need to bring strollers [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTDUBS

The Interceptor
Car(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Sorry to revive the thread, but o need to know about which rear facing seats work the best. I am 6'3" and my wife is 6'2" and I am worried that a rear facing seat will render the car extremely uncomfortable for us. Is there a child seat out there where my wife and I can keep our seats nearly all the way back? If not, I am looking at selling my GTI.

m3lonbr3ad

Ready to race!
Sorry to revive the thread, but o need to know about which rear facing seats work the best. I am 6'3" and my wife is 6'2" and I am worried that a rear facing seat will render the car extremely uncomfortable for us. Is there a child seat out there where my wife and I can keep our seats nearly all the way back? If not, I am looking at selling my GTI.

check this out:
https://carseatblog.com/22818/the-u...ertible-space-comparison-review-size-matters/

I cannot seem to get over how poorly rear-facing car seats fit in anything resembling a normal sized car. We have an Alltrack. We have a Maxi Cosi Pria 70 and it simply doesnt fit as rear-facing; it barely fits in our Honda Fit. We also have a Britax B-Safe 35 that has a detachable base, which barely fits rear-facing without the base(no chance with base).

Had I done more investigation I probably would have tried one of the top Britax models in the link above.

Once our child is old enough (apparently now its 2 years?!) we can switch to forward-facing, but until then its very cramped. I am 6'3" - wife is 5'4" so the rear-facing seat must be behind her seat. Frankly, the rear facing seats are frustrating and often for longer trips the wife sits in the back with the baby, since you cannot really even see the kid from the front seats.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

Since you're both tall, and want the seats back, it ain't gonna happen.
I foresee you selling the GTI

Only the Passat would give you what you're looking for

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

If you only need to fit one put it in the center seat. Problem solved

That's what I did with my mk6(s) and mk4, and what I'll do when our second one comes in December. Rear facing in the center and forward facing on passenger side. Honestly I'd like to just buy a used Passat 1.8tsi strictly for kid hauling duties tho. Just need to talk the wife into ditching her terrible Kia "SUV"

Last edited:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
If you only need to fit one put it in the center seat. Problem solved

The car seat could still hit the corners of the front seats though (preventing them from sliding back), no?
Or is it wide enough there?

I've never put a seat in the center (only on the sides), but I imagine that'd be a major pain in the ass to get the kid in and out

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
The car seat could still hit the corners of the front seats though (preventing them from sliding back), no?

I've never put a seat in the center (only on the sides), but I imagine that'd be a major pain in the ass to get the kid in and out

It's not bad, I'd always lean in the car and support myself with one knee on the seat. I'm 6'2" so at my seat setting there's room between for a center rear facing

nate704

Go Kart Champion

this. If you put the car seat in the center, both driver and front passenger have to suffer.
OP's best option is to get a bigger vehicle like SUV which will make your life way easier.

BTDUBS

The Interceptor
Car(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
The good news is that my wife has a Passat R-Line already, so we are set there. It is starting to look like I will have to ditch the MK7 as we need 2 cars that can do child duty since we both work and in different directions.