GOLFMKV

***MAPerformance MK7 GTI Catted/Catless Downpipe Group Buy!***

Status
Not open for further replies.

BananaSlug

Ready to race!

BananaSlug

Ready to race!
I got a non-resonated midpipe by accident. What are your thoughts on the non-resonated as far as sound? Daily livability? I'm oem cat back.

Definitely fine as a daily driver. I haven't had any issues with drone. It mostly only gets louder at 3k+ rpm and it sounds great.

HicBuda

Ready to race!
Damn it! I got the loosey goosey clamp issue. Scootched the pipes around and the clamp and no way it's grabbing the midpipe. I'll have to keep trying

Otherwise only 50 minutes to remove eom and slide new DP in.

Last edited:

BananaSlug

Ready to race!
Damn it! I got the loosey goosey clamp issue. Scootched the pipes around and the clamp and no way it's grabbing the midpipe. I'll have to keep trying

Otherwise only 50 minutes to remove eom and slide new DP in.

I had the same issue. Move the clamp as close to the reducer as possible. Also have someone push the muffler forward if possible.

HicBuda

Ready to race!
I had the same issue. Move the clamp as close to the reducer as possible. Also have someone push the muffler forward if possible.

Tried that and it has plenty of play clamped all the way. And every couple of millimeters just in case it might grab. Gonna look local for another clamp.
Install blue balls

EDIT: one layer of heat wrap between clamp and midpipe worked for now. Stag 2 and downpipe make things feel a bit more sorted.

Last edited:

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
Does anyone have this matched up to the AWE track exhaust? I am trying to decide between resonated and non resonated. I don't want it to be stupid loud, just under WOT.

Any fitment issues??

Once I know count me in! (If its still going on)

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone have this matched up to the AWE track exhaust? I am trying to decide between resonated and non resonated. I don't want it to be stupid loud, just under WOT.

Any fitment issues??

Once I know count me in! (If its still going on)

Group buy has been over for a month...

Status
Not open for further replies.