GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Android Head Unit - PX5 MTCD unit

NellyGTI

Ready to race!
Here is a shot of the equalizer. Balance and fade is easily adjustable too, I just don’t have a photo currently.

Not sure the exact specs of the DSP itself but I can say it sounds fine to my ears. Nothing worse than stock. [emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
If I could change modes with it, I might actually invest in one. Looks like the best one to come along lately. A lot cheaper than the MIB II upgrade.

I'd find an anti-glare screen protector for it though.

NellyGTI

Ready to race!
If I could change modes with it, I might actually invest in one. Looks like the best one to come along lately. A lot cheaper than the MIB II upgrade.

I'd find an anti-glare screen protector for it though.

You can change modes, just a bit quirky. [emoji6]Sometimes the mode button does work other times it only tells you the current mode. I’ve loaded a custom ROM that I’m playing with now to see if I can get it working a bit more stable.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
That would be good. As long as that worked, along with Fender Audio, I'd be set.

NellyGTI

Ready to race!
So, how would this interface with the Car features for tire pressure and ECS?

This connects right into the car's canbus connection, so there is a menu option to set the tire pressure, similar to how it is on the stock radio.

The ESC button works as it does now, no trouble there.

erichhart

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok, so Im looking into picking this up now LOL. I did see what ebay offers and the similar looking one claims to be a cortex processor and not a rockchip like the one you posted.

NellyGTI

Ready to race!
Just to warn everyone, I’m putting weak radio reception back on the issues list. Hoping that something popped loose.

NellyGTI

Ready to race!
How has it been treating you?

Not too bad. I contacted customer service about the Mode button and was told they sent a message to "engineering" to task.

I must say I do miss having a volume knob.

If anyone of going to the Mt Washington meetup, I will be there so you can see if in person.

hal

Ready to race!
You can change modes, just a bit quirky. [emoji6]Sometimes the mode button does work other times it only tells you the current mode. I’ve loaded a custom ROM that I’m playing with now to see if I can get it working a bit more stable.

Wait, the "Mode" button actually works in those now? Do you have DCC?

NellyGTI

Ready to race!
Wait, the "Mode" button actually works in those now? Do you have DCC?

I wouldn't say that it works yet. I'm working with the supplier to see if they can see why it doesn't work, according to them, it should work. In the meantime, there is a menu on the radio, to change modes. No DCC unfortunately.

NellyGTI

Ready to race!
I've added a few items to the issues list.
Known Issues:
  • Sometimes it takes a bit of time to connect to the phone's hotspot. This typically occurs if I don't turn on the hotspot before the radio turns on.
  • Mode button: Pressing it will show on the MFD the current mode, but won't allow me to change it with additional presses. Need to go in the Car Configuration App to change mode.
  • Bluetooth wouldn't connect on one start up, rebooting the unit fixed it immediately.
  • AM/FM radio signal is still spotty. Hoping something is loose.
  • Car-Net no longer can tell you where your vehicle is. Everything else appears to function except location.
  • Compass display in the MFD no longer works.
  • Streaming audio via Bluetooth is horrible. (calls sound OK).