GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

wind niose ?

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
Back on topic. A quick Google search suggests the most likely cause of the wind noise is a faulty door seal.

To the OP; if this is the cause and your car is still under warranty, it should be replaced free of charge.
Yes, it really depends what you mean by wind noise. There is a very small amount of whistling around the mirror or the B pillar possibly on ours, but it's pretty minor and I wouldn't call it a big deal. If it's bothering you something is probably wrong, and that's what dealers are for...

...if it creaks, it's probably made by VAG

simba

Passed Driver's Ed
wind noise.

The car is two years old, its been to two v w garages the consensus is its probably where the door mirror is fixed to the to the door, personally I think its the door seals. Initially I thought the window wasn't fully up.
I had a test run in a Audi a4 218 6 cyl the other day WOW you could hear a gnat fart in the boot.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
If you think it is the door seals, then it might be worth having a drive in another mk7 GTD to see if you get the same wind noise. If you do, then it's likely to be the door mirror (assuming that car doesn't have faulty seals). If it's silent, then it does suggest faulty seals on your car.

simba

Passed Driver's Ed
noise.

Good idea, trying to find anybody to lend me one is a anther matter. The guy at Lincoln is convinced its a design fault.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
You could always take a test drive in one at your nearest dealer. I dare say there's lots of people who take a test that drive don't buy the car!