GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034 Motorsports MQB Dogbone Mount Insert

Buguyed

Ready to race!
I ordered one from ECS recently waiting for it to come in now. I had to order the Version 1 per the pic guides. It's simple to find out, all cars are different. Just turn your camera phone on with flash and record a video of the center of the car towards the rear of the engine.

Nothing but good reviews and must have comments on this item though. It was on sale at ECS last week for $37 and I couldn't pass it up. Good luck!

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
It's an intriguing thingy, and cheap, but I've yet to hear anything really definitive or specific about what it actually does, in terms of how does the car feel differently after installation. People mention what it _should_ do, but few have explained in a way I find meaningful how that translates into daily driving feel.

Anyone want to take a stab at that? As in, if you put this doo-hicky in, how will your daily drive be different? Especially interested in people who are _not_ racing, 1/4 miling, going down to "Mexico" for contests, etc.

ronn

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 R (Sold)
Did my dogbone mount a week ago or so. (Version 1)

Shift feel/changes are far more crisp and sturdy now. Removes a lot of gear change slop, so to speak. Really a no brainer for the money.

I have felt absolutely no increased NVH. 2017 R is currently at ~8,700 miles

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Had mine on for over a year, one of the best mods you can do. Loads of posts on here about them.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ready to race!
For anyone with DSG, lathering this bad boy on silicone grease has helped my vibrations quite a bit.

I do mean LATHERED, like basically dunk it and clean off the bolt hole.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ready to race!
Why do you suspect this helped? Why does it require so much grease?
Honestly, no idea, I didn't think it would do anything. Perhaps it was just cooincedental. Grease is cheap though.

When I removed it for the winter there were areas where the rubber from the mount was bonding to the aluminum, I mainly put the silicone in there to prevent that. I supposed keeping moisture out during heat cycles plays a role, but I don't have anything scientific.

hal

Ready to race!
I know this is not a Jetta but what is the likelihood of something like this happen to a Golf?

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7736146-Sooo-my-mount-broke-2000-damage/page2

I have tried a GTI with the insert and could see how tighter the engine/trans feel but I'm always hesitant because for such a small/cheap mod there has to be a trade-of. Nvh don't seem to be an issue with the mod to most people but I assume the absorbed or tightened movement is now being absorbed by other parts and at a certain (perhaps extreme) condition something serious can fail.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Never greased mine. Works just fine!

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
It's an interesting option. I doubt I could install it myself, though, as I have no ramps or lifts and it seems you really need at least one other relatively strong person to help align the engine with the mounting hole while you do it.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ready to race!
Sorry, I didn't mean to cause a stir.

I didn't need grease to get it on, I just noticed starting off from a stop on D with a DSG was a bit smoother when I glopped some on where the aluminum meets the rubber.

Maybe it does nothing, but for 50 cents worth of silicon grease, I figured it couldn't hurt to share.

Edit: And some rubber was bonding to the aluminum after a few months of heat cycling.